Whats the strangest cache item you have ever found?

cwoper

Some of you guys make me laff so hard that I almost start to cry.It would be intresting to hear some of your thoughts on this subject.To date I have to say for me it would be a Toronto Metropolitan Police Button(Hey,I only have 5 finds at this time,I'm trying!!!).SOOOO,how about it? icon_cool.gificon_eek.gificon_confused.gificon_smile.gif

I would definitely have to say that the strangest item I've found is one of Tonsil's signature hamsters. See Tonsil's post and my replies in the "What's your signature item?" thread.

Other fun threads to have considered this question include "Strangest/Oddest Item You've Found" and "What is the Neatest Thing or Most Unusual Thing You Have Found?".

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

If there's no accounting for stupidity, then why do I need to file a tax return?

I found a du rag in a cache not too long ago, still in its original, unopened packaging. I didn't have any use for it, but it was tempting just because I'd never actually seen a brand new one before. About a week later I discovered Wal-Mart sells the exact kind that was in the cache...

----

When in doubt, poke it with a stick.

quote:
Originally posted by Natureboy1376:

2 weeks ago, we found a package of johnsons and johnsons FANNY FLOSS ---Weird We left it for some cacher who really may need it!

I wasn't aware that Johnson and Johnson was in the thong bikini business.

My strangest was a propaganda leaflet of the type dropped over Afghanistan. On the front are maps of the US and afghanistan with photos of families from each country and a graphic of hands shaking. The back has a lot of text in Farsi or Pashtu. I'm having it translated for curiosity's sake.

Mickey

Max Entropy

More than just a name, a lifestyle.

The wierdest thing I found was a rectangular piece of metal, maybe about 1.5"x3". From the enscriptions it was from some church(?) in Indiana, said something about 'Earthing', and had some images reminiscent of those on the Voyager type spacecraft (the type to identify our solar system to aliens). Should have kept it, cause it's just so wierd, and now the cache I placed it in is gone...

Anyone have any clue what this was about?? Mebbe it was a branch of those Raliens...

I walk the Maze of Moments, but everywhere I turn to, begins a new beginning, but never finds a finish... -Enya, Anywhere Is

Dog cremains in a jar.

A note left with it said this was the cremains of their pet dog Coco who liked to go caching. The note requested finders to take the cremains to another cache like a travel bug.

I declined.

========================================

Friends don't let Friends geocache drunk.

quote:
Originally posted by Squirrel Nut:

Found it when I was looking up some caches to do when we visit Indiana this year....

And I was gonna answer that one for you, too. Guess you beat me to it. If you like the medals, you should check out the plaques for Earthling Vector Perelandra if you ever get to the area; they're very well done.

We have two of those medals, one of the old ones and one of the new ones.

If you're looking at doing Earthling's caches, then I recommend you do Earthling Vector Perelandra before you do Earthling Vector Pluto. And grab any "smiley face man thingy" you might find; they're a hot commodity icon_smile.gif

warm.gif

Perelandra sounds like a cool one to do, but we won't have access to the web to get the puzzles! That and we're mainly staying in Indy.

If you like puzzles and are ever in the Metro Detroit area for a while, you can try out the 'Not Tellin' series by T'dog. Haven't tried them yet, but they have many cachers up here preplexed, it sounds like.

I walk the Maze of Moments, but everywhere I turn to, begins a new beginning, but never finds a finish... -Enya, Anywhere Is

quote:
Originally posted by Squirrel Nut:

Perelandra sounds like a cool one to do, but we won't have access to the web to get the puzzles!

If you're going to be in town, drop me an email and I'll give you a number where you can reach me; we can work out web access. Alternatively, the Allen County Public Library has branches all over the county with free web access.

And no, I don't like Puzzles, what would make you think that?

warm.gif

icon_smile.gif Personally, I can't wait for it to warm up so I can do some more 'involved' caches. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll be doing very many/too difficult ones on our trip, I burnt out BeerSnob (my husband) on our vacation last year. He's to the point now where he wants to go caching again, this spring.

We only did 6 in a 3 day period (though 4 of those were in 1 day, and we also visited 2 lighthouses, a winery, and 2 brewpubs in Traverce City/TC area that same day.. and then back to our tent at Higgins Lake State Park).. how could I get him burnt out? icon_wink.gif