Women Who GeoCache???

lsfalk

I think it's great! It's unfortunate that most women probably feel more intimidated to trapse around the woods by themselves. Given our society and all the sickos out there, I can understand their concern.

Men, on the other hand, tend to be too overconfident and will often place themselves in unnecessary danger. Just a thought. I don't want to start a battle of the sexes. icon_biggrin.gif

--CoronaKid

I spent four days in November tagging along with a prolific female geocacher. Until then, I thought I was pretty good, but I spent the week eating her dust.

This is a good opportunity to note that the "Female Geocachers?" thread is fast approaching its one-year anniversary.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

If there's no accounting for stupidity, then why do I need to file a tax return?

quote:
Originally posted by lsfalk:

I see a lot of men and women teams or just guys participating in GeoCaching... Are there any solo-female cachers like me out there? Is it only cool to go with the guys??!! My friends say that this is a "guy-thing" - I say NO WAY!

My sister is a solo cacher, her name on here is tkeyla4me2

MY brother wanted to come on a cache with me, we were only a few feet into the hunt when He wined to go back because it was to cold, I was fully prepared to continue but he insisted on turning back. We didn't get to look for the cache. Personly I do better solo but he wants to try again sigh Men

More to see, More to do

Though I have brought the boyfriend on about 6 caches (sometimes dragged), he's only found 1 cache so far. He's not sure how the "Gizmo" works but insists on holding it after I set it and press the buttons for him. He likes just holding it and looking official. He now believes I have special "cache" powers.

He also insists on being the one to decide what to take while I log in. He thinks this is mostly for kids but he always takes the bouncy balls..hmmmmm.

Weedster and MaMa Bear are both female cachers and they go out alone all the time. Sometimes they go together as well. Male or female it doesn't matter. If you like the outdoors enough and you're really in to the sport of Geocaching nothing is going to stop you. I am a male and there have been times I've been kind of intimidated, but I still press on to the cache. No matter how long or how many times I have to do a cache.

quote:

Rain, sleet, snow, and dead of night (male or female), the cacher must go through.

quote:
Originally posted by The Leprechauns:

I spent four days in November tagging along with a prolific female geocacher. Until then, I thought I was pretty good, but I spent the week eating her dust.

I know of whom you speak. She is in the top ten of Florida cachers. She achieved this lofty title after less than 1 month caching in my state. I stand in total awe.

A day without sunshine is like ...night.

About half the time I geocache with my husband and the other half I geocache alone. And just recently I've started geocaching with a girlfriend. I am totally comfortable by myself but I don't go alone in Mountain Lion country.

When I search in the cities I only look in daylight hours.

I'm all for the ladies going. We have a few that come with us. And since I started my club just last Dec. We any been able to do it in the snow. And they do not complain. Some of the guys do that for us. The only time a girl did complain is when she was brought along with her b/f and that was the only one she did. A matter of fact if any single lonely girls want to come with me they are more than welcome.

Beavers are a Proud and Noble Animal. Big Mike

quote:
Originally posted by sherk:

Though I have brought the boyfriend on about 6 caches (sometimes dragged), he's only found 1 cache so far. He ..... insists on holding [the GPS] after I set it and press the buttons for him. He likes just holding it and looking official.

He also insists on being the one to decide what to take while I log in.

This pretty much sums up caching with my boyfriend. *sigh* I sympathize, sherk.

Remember that happiness is a way of travel, not a destination. - Roy M. Goodman

quote:
Originally posted by CoronaKid:

It's unfortunate that most women probably feel more intimidated to trapse around the woods by themselves. Given our society and all the sickos out there, I can understand their concern.

--CoronaKid

I have to admit I fall into this catagory. I've done a few on my own, or with the kids, but I'm never comfortable. But if it was a group of us NW GeoGal's, no problem. It'd be the sicko's that would have to worry. icon_wink.gif

smile02.gif If ignorance is bliss, why aren't there more happy people??

icon_geocachingwa.gif