Poker Cache?

Guest jeremy

Poor implementation of the idea (IMHO) but a good idea. I think it depends on the state's laws on gambling as to weather or not you should ban it.

If the state says it's illegal then don't allow it but if it is legal then I would add a note that the geocacher seekers are palying this game of poker at their own monitary risk and just because it's listed here doesn't mean that the person is reputable.

Couldn't find a good emoticon for this post.

------------------

"A well-regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed."

- Second Amendment

to the U.S. Constitution

Guest Prime Suspect

I kinda hafta agree, though it's an interesting concept. But the fact that you have to put money in to participate, then you get the other player's money as a prize pretty much puts it over the line. Had he simply offered a prize to the best hand, without the pay-in, it would be a different matter.

I like the idea of building the hand, leaving money does not turn me on. Nor does winning the lot at the end - after all who wants two used golf balls, a religious tract and a venazuelan escudo!

Guest Cach-U-Nuts

I agree that most state laws would not allow this type of game because of the Money aspect. However...........

We have played several 3 card poker caches at local picnic events using the contents of an ante bucket as the prize for the best hand. Each person who enters the game deposits an item into the cache bucket as an ante. Usually a small trinket such as you leave as a trade item. Once they deposit this item they are an official player and receive the coordinates to a location where there is a posted code word. There are usually 5 such caches. Each correct code word can be exchanged for a card. Using 3 card poker rules allows up to 17 players. After drawing his or her first 3 cards a player can choose to throw away a card and redraw with each remaining code word. Once you've used up your 5 code words your hand is as stands. The best 3 card poker hand wins the bucket of trinkets!

We've had so much fun with this game and our nut game that we've developed our game site even further to incorporate this and in fact are getting ready to release our first official game, using geocaching.com to post the sites of our code word coordinates. Now we're wondering if this will be allowed? I can't see how this game could be considered gambling.

What do you think Jeremy? Are you going to allow it? We've gone to an awful lot of work to code this thing. Let us know what you think.