Geocaching visits The Twilight Zone

On tonights episode of TTZ the episode opens with a bunch of college students on an "Internet GPS Treasure Hunt" & waving a GPS unit. Seems some writer went a long way to not say "Geocaching"! Anyway, these poor saps evidently couldn't get a good lock because they found something other than the cache they were looking for!

Wherever you go, there you are!

Just saw the intro..looks like they were definitely using a Meridian, either Gold or Platinum, and they were out on some kind of hunt to find a buried cache inside of a cave up in the mountains of New Mexico, but instead dug up an old Aztec box which contained a vessel of blood that the girl spilled on the ground, then the sun disappears from the sky, yada yada yada...gotta get back and watch the rest.

[This message was edited by TEAM 360 on May 21, 2003 at 08:30 PM.]

I found a cache like that once! Went to a spot and dug up a box and there was a bottle and then the lights went out..........Or was it we found a cache and the bottle was in my Camelbak and then the lights went out???......I can't remember???????

"Welcome to reality!......visit again soon."

quote:
Originally posted by TEAM 360:

...they were out on some kind of hunt to find a buried cache inside of a cave up in the mountains of New Mexico

Better archive this one.

Flat_MiGeo_B88.gif

I made a big decision a little while ago.

I don't remember what it was, which prob'ly goes to show

That many times a simple choice can prove to be essential

Even though it often might appear inconsequential. -- Bill Watterson

They DID flash the GPS across the screen, with the backlight on, but unless you had a vcr with freeze frame it was unreadable, and chances are they weren't on the coord screen anyhow. They did name a mountain range on-screen that was supposed to be in New Mexico, but I didn't catch it...if you find the Aztec box, just do us all a favor and don't spill it on the ground.

Last log entry from GPSaxophone-

"Took sun from sky, left world in eternal darkness".

Thanks a lot.

quote:
Originally posted by TEAM 360:

They DID flash the GPS across the screen, with the backlight on, but unless you had a vcr with freeze frame it was unreadable

If you did freeze it, the coords would probably be of some place where they were shooting on location in LA. icon_wink.gif

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

quote:
Originally posted by Crusso:

On tonights episode of TTZ the episode opens with a bunch of college students on an "Internet GPS Treasure Hunt" & waving a GPS unit. Seems some writer went a long way to not say "Geocaching"! Anyway, these poor saps evidently couldn't get a good lock because they found something other than the cache they were looking for!

Wherever you go, there you are!

They couldn't say Geocaching...they were DIGGING up a cache...We don't dig...it must of been that .....Cache

Give me a Tall ship, and a Star to steer her bye...

The White Fleet....