Seeking advice on a cache idea

Hi there,

We have a couple of new caches we'll have ready to place once we move. One of the caches will have new, unopened McToys. Dinoprophet posted this link. Tracy and I have about 15 of these gems just waiting for a cache!

My concern is how to keep a few around for a while. We would like to place them as trade items for a cache, but would be pretty ticked if some cacher(s) traded out a few at a time.

One idea would be to just place a few at a time with other trade items.

Any other ideas??

If the cache you're planning is close to your home, I would place only one or two items in it at first and constantly replenish it. (You could even state this on the cache page)

==============="If it feels good...do it"================

**(the other 9 out of 10 voices in my head say: "Don't do it.")**

There is no way to guarantee one trade per cacher. Many cachers do it in groups and each person wants to trade something. I have 3 kids, should I only make one of them happy?

If you want to make it a themed cache, post that in your description. As long as you maintain the cache often, you should have little trouble keeping the theme. You could start it off with 3-5 McToys and some other items and visit your cache after every 3 logged visits (not everyone who finds it will log).

Took sun from sky, left world in eternal darkness bandbass.gif

quote:
We would like to place them as trade items for a cache, but would be pretty ticked if some cacher(s) traded out a few at a time.

I have a cache that is stocked with Buffalo nickels. It's not a trading cache, the finders are asked to take a nickel but not to leave anything in return (due to size of cache container). On the cache page I ask that a geocacher take a nickel or a team can take up to two. So far I haven't had any problems with people taking all of my nickels.

E