Have any unique ideas for caches?

quote:

Actually, I've been thinking of a novel way to have a cache viewable, but inaccessable without some work in some way...

How about a David Blaine cache, where you freeze it in a big block of ice. They would have to wait a couple of days or bring a blow torch for it to melt. icon_wink.gif

stealyourcache.gif Mark 1:17 "Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you cachers of men." -Dru Morgan www.theheavenlyhost.com/dru

I thought it would be cool to post a cache that required you to bring your garage door opener or car door opener/keychain thing. The posted coordinates of the cache will get you within 100-200 feet. The cache would have a receiver that would recognize any RF signal and let out a 'beep' or something. Once you are in the area you will have to zero in on it by sound.

Besides all the logistical and technical issues with building something like this, you also run the chance of making someone lock themselves out of their car by pressing the button too many times. (I know it used to be 256 times...maybe newer designs allow for more?)

The true traveler is he who goes on foot, and even then, he sits down a lot of the time.

- Colette

How about a cache at an ATM machine. You post your pin number on the webpage and we go to the atm you've selected, punch in your numbers and remove a quanity of 20 dollar bills. Then we can only get credit on-line if we take a picture of our gps next to the 20's.

Depending on the size of your account I may feel like logging this one a few times and travel wouldn't be a problem either.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On