.loc files for EasyGPS

Guest rastas

Guest rastas

I have been spending a bit of time trying to down load (from the Geo-Cache site) the .loc files for Groundspeak easy GPS... All I can get are html files...

Any clues anyone???

Guest mfratto

You have to go back to the page to download the Easy GPS and near the bottom, there is a link to accept the license agreement. Once you accept that you can get the .loc files.

Hrm, seems like putting the agreement page prior to downloading EasyGPS would be a good idea. I have seen alot of questions concerning this very problem.

Guest mfratto

Fine. This is basically a user interface issue that can be easily fixed. People are still having issues getting the .loc files and it seems like a reasonable suggestion to have people agree to download .loc files before they get to the EasyGps page.

Guest rastas

Yep, done all that!!! nO GO!!! icon_frown.gif

Is it a problem with IE???? all it wants to download is htm files...

I am beating my head against a brick wall so bad.. I can download from the GPS and create files..... just not form the site

Guest rastas

Yep, done all that!!! nO GO!!! icon_frown.gif

Is it a problem with IE???? all it wants to download is htm files...

I am beating my head against a brick wall so bad.. I can download from the GPS and create files..... just not form the site

Guest mjbgis

I have had this problem when using IE.

If you select save file to disk, it gives you an .htm file, so choose "Open file from current location", then on the next box select "Save file to Disk"

This seems to work for me.

Hope this helps.

Guest rastas

mjbgis!!!!!! You are a legend!!!!

It works.. seems odd, but I managed to get it to work!! I thank you icon_smile.gif My head thanks you. icon_biggrin.gif And lastly the brick wall I have been beating thanks you.... rolleyes.gif

and thanks to the others who mailed with sugestions!!

Rastas

Guest rastas

mjbgis!!!!!! You are a legend!!!!

It works.. seems odd, but I managed to get it to work!! I thank you icon_smile.gif My head thanks you. icon_biggrin.gif And lastly the brick wall I have been beating thanks you.... rolleyes.gif

and thanks to the others who mailed with sugestions!!

Rastas