Is this person real?

The Weasel

Ok, need some advice.

I was wondering if any of you think this seems odd.

A cache was recently placed in a park by a person who has a similar name as mine. Let me show the facts....

1)My name is "The Weasel", and theres is "Ferret Farmer". Both animals look similar, and are kinda the same.

2) My cache is http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=29548

and their cahe is

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=54283

3) In their profile, its says...

A. Member since February

B. Never found a cache, and placed 1 cache.

C. Under "Background", it says "Lve them ferrets, hate them weezils though, they stink."

4) I attempted to locate this cache, and no cache is where the coords are at. I had my GPS hit 0.00, and I even used the clue, but there is no cache there. I e-mailed the person 3 times over the past 3 days. One was to say "hey, hows it going. kinda neat with our similarities", then I e-mailed them after I couldn't find the cache to verify the coords. They have not responded, and it shows their last visit has been after I sent the e-mails.

My question is this, do you think this is somebody playing a stupid joke?

quote:
Originally posted by Aristocracker:

I think someone is messing with you. Are any of your friends practical jokers?

I've been going in circles my whole life. May as well make a hobby of it.

Nope, it isn't anybody I know. There is only to people I know that cache with me. One is my sister who is Davenport, and the other person was with me looking for the cache yesterday for 2 hours in the cold. I know he wouldn't do it then spend 2 hours looking for it.

Well, the cache page looks legit. E.g. a clue and listing of the items in it etc...

But, the circumstances do seem odd! You say you know of no one who would play a joke. Are you sure!?!?!

Anyway, it seems strange. Who knows? There are lurkers and trolls on all internet boards. Maybe someone decided to randomly pick on you!?!?!

I say, keep emailing and wait and see what happens when more people try to find the cache!

Good luck to you in figuring it out!

pokeanim3.gif

You've been had. I wouldn't even bother continuing to e-mail the "placer." That just increases his delight in the fact that he "got" you.

This person doesn't have any finds, and yet they have gone out and hid a cache. How do they know where a good place to place one would be?

I'm thinking this is the work of someone looking for-- and getting-- a good laugh.

Move on and don't give them the satisfaction of being upset about it.

...On a scale from one to awsome, I'm super great!

quote:
Originally posted by The Weasel:

Is this person real?

Well, last time I checked accounts dont create themselves icon_wink.gif

quote:

3) In their profile, its says...

C. Under "Background", it says "Lve them ferrets, hate them weezils though, they stink."

My question is this, do you think this is somebody playing a stupid joke?

Is this person just a puppet for someone else? or is it an actual new cacher?

I'd lean toward it being a sock. What are the odds that a new person would find this site, get an account, place their one only and first cache nearest yours, and of course put the comment about the 'weezils' in their profileicon_confused.gif

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg

The clues are all there.

Your name, your cache site, and an obvious attempt at poking fun at your "unique" spelling ability both in the profile and cache description.

Must be someone you know. My guess is the tkeyla4me girl (is that your sister?) or perhaps an english teacher.

Drag her out to the cache for a few hours and see if she can keep a straight face.

It should be archived in any case.

quote:
Originally posted by sherk:

The clues are all there.

Your name, your cache site, and an obvious attempt at poking fun at your "unique" spelling ability both in the profile and cache description.

Must be someone you know. My guess is the tkeyla4me girl (is that your sister?) or perhaps an english teacher.

Drag her out to the cache for a few hours and see if she can keep a straight face.

It should be archived in any case.

Tkeyla4me2 is my sister, and I don't think this is something she would do. I asked her about it yesterday, and she said it isn't her, which I beleive. I'm thinking that it's somebody who has been to the park. The coords led to a "downed tree", but then again there are a lot of downed trees in a park. Do you think it's a lucky guess that they came up with coords that actually were in the woods instead of a road or open are in the park?

quote:
Originally posted by Aladin Sane:

I see that the cache has now been archieved.

Weasel, did you ever find out from Jeremy who the cache hider was?

I received an E-mail from the placer of the cache yesterday. He told me his computer crashed on him after placing the cache, and has not had access to a computer until now.

Unfortunatly he is upset that his cache is archived and told me that he will most likely be picking up his cache and quitting caching. I have tried to explain my reasons for questioning the cache.

I explained that I would formally apologize on this post thread for maybe jumping the gun, and that I would work with Jeremy about getting his cache unarchived. I am trying to correct a wrong, and I hope that Ferret Farmer accepts my apology, and continues to keep his cache out as well.

Tim, aka The Weasel

quote:
Originally posted by The Weasel:

I received an E-mail from the placer of the cache yesterday. He told me his computer crashed on him after placing the cache, and has not had access to a computer until now.

Unfortunatly he is upset that his cache is archived and told me that he will most likely be picking up his cache and quitting caching. I have tried to explain my reasons for questioning the cache.

I explained that I would formally apologize on this post thread for maybe jumping the gun, and that I would work with Jeremy about getting his cache unarchived. I am trying to correct a wrong, and I hope that Ferret Farmer accepts my apology, and continues to keep his cache out as well.

Tim, aka The Weasel

Don't be too hasty to apologize, Weasel. Jeremy doesn't usually archive a cache just based on one DNF. If I read Jeremy's comments on the cache page right (and I may not be), Ferret Farmer is BS'ing ya about not being online.

quote:
Since there was a not found log and the cache owner has logged in and provided any explanation, this cache has been archived.

If the cache owner had been logging into the site all this time, that would mean his story about not having access to a computer since placing the cache is BS, and your initial suspicions are probably correct.

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

Well, my apology was not good enough for Ferret Farmer. He e-mailed me last night and told me that he picked up his cache yesterday, and is getting out of geocaching because it was not fun and there was too much politics involved with.

I'm sorry he felt this way and wished he would have stayed. But I guess I once his mind was made up, there was no changing it.