Love'n peace

fairplay

Together with our group we had the idea of collecting peace signals from around the world. We try to use the Virtual Geocache feature to collect as many texts, poem, pictures, links as possible.

This is not specially ment for the Gulf region, neither should it represent a political message! It shall be "only" be a global peace message against any conflicts. If you have an idea, give us a visit. icon_razz.gif

Scouts St. Martin Schifflange.

LINK REMOVED

donate_blood_md_wht.gif

hello

[This message was edited by Sc out on March 13, 2003 at 05:16 AM.]

I had to archive it. This was my archive note:

I'm truly sorry folks but this was approved in error, or altered after approval. It is not a cache. If you would like to place a cache and have people submit a poem that they place in the cache that would be commendable.

If you would like to use the Groundspeak forums to collect such things that would be fine too. Unfortunately a "cache" can't be just something that exists in cyberspace.

Regretfully,

erik - geocaching.com admin

The text on the cache said:

To log this cache you do not neet to sent an email or any other proof. Just leave a small (or large) poem, picture, text you invented or found. The subject is quite easy, but so hard to find in these days , the subject is

Love and Peace

Try to write some lines, a message of love’n peace for the world and post them below.

As explained above this does not meet the criteria of a cache.

Feel free to post your poems below, albeit w/o a smilie.

erik - geocaching.com admin

FREEDOM COMES FROM THE END OF A GUN BARREL

Thankfully (not regretfully) this so called cache has been shot dead.

I have flouted the wild, I have followed its lure, fearless. familar, alone; yet the wild must win,

and a day will come when I shall be overthrown. By: Robert Service

I thought locationless submissions were temporarily suspended?

It's amazing a cache like this could be approved when a simililar cache design mentioned briefly at the beginning of this thread was denied.

Interesting log, Brian.

If carrots are so good for the eyes, how come I see so many dead rabbits on the highway?

It has been archieved, so stay cool.

icon_eek.gif, apparently it has been approved by accident.

To all the guy who sent me nasty mails, thank you but I'm not used to answer in that tone, I simply thought this could be a great idea, but ok. It's not my fault that it has bee approved so please STOP SENDING ME YOUR COMMENTS BY MAIL.

icon_frown.gif

Nothing happened, it's all right.

donate_blood_md_wht.gif

hello

[This message was edited by Sc out on March 13, 2003 at 05:07 AM.]

Oh you euros are devious, trying to undermine our war preparations with your outdated, naive sentiments. We may have to add Luxembourg to our s**t list, which by now includes most of the world. You saw what we did to french fries, so beware! Can we boycott Kroenenbourg beer, or is that already covered under our boycott of all things french as an Alsatian beer?

quote:
Originally posted by Divine:

quote:
Originally posted by Sc out:

(as shown on the picture on the left)

Seems you've had enough Boffering for a while.icon_biggrin.gif

[edit]Nice... now it looks like I've had enough of Karhu-beer..[/edit] icon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

- All you need is a sick mind and a healthy body. -

quote:
I am glad to see that others are reciving hate mail to. I knew I was not alone,

Well JoGps, well well well, there's nothing to say. Today I woke up from dis-illusion and found out that peace is impossible, even in such a simple thing like forums. In my opinion it's so childish to be angry because of the fact that others got something that had been denied to you.

I simply thought having a great idea, and in fact I only collected STORM! icon_frown.gif

what a pitty....

donate_blood_md_wht.gif

hello

It's a shame that people had to flame Sc out for their cache. I'm sure they meant well, although I agree that it didn't meet the requirements for a geocache. Since I was probably the only person to log the cache (a not found) and BRDAD referred to it, here is my log:

"I have brought peace in our time" - Neville Chamberlin

Agreement concluded at Munich, September 29, 1938, between Germany, Great Britain, France and Italy

GERMANY, the United Kingdom, France and Italy, taking into consideration the agreement, which has been already reached in principle for the cession to Germany of the Sudeten German territory, have agreed on the following terms and conditions governing the said cession and the measures consequent thereon, and by this agreement they each hold themselves responsible for the steps necessary to secure its fulfilment:

(1) The evacuation will begin on 1st October.

(2) The United Kingdom, France and Italy agree that the evacuation of the territory shall be completed by the 10th October, without any existing installations having been destroyed, and that the Czechoslovak Government will be held responsible for carrying out the evacuation without damage to the said installations.

(3) The conditions governing the evacuation will be laid down in detail by an international commission composed of representatives of Germany, the United Kingdom, France, Italy and Czechoslovakia.

(4) The occupation by stages of the predominantly German territory by German troops will begin on 1st October. The four territories marked on the attached map will be occupied by German troops in the following order:

The territory marked No. I on the 1st and 2nd of October; the territory marked No. II on the 2nd and 3rd of October; the territory marked No. III on the 3rd, 4th and 5th of October; the territory marked No. IV on the 6th and 7th of October. The remaining territory of preponderantly German character will be ascertained by the aforesaid international commission forthwith and be occupied by German troops by the 10th of October.

(5) The international commission referred to in paragraph 3 will determine the territories in which a plebiscite is to be held. These territories will be occupied by international bodies until the plebiscite has been completed. The same commission will fix the conditions in which the plebiscite is to be held, taking as a basis the conditions of the Saar plebiscite. The commission will also fix a date, not later than the end of November, on which the plebiscite will be held.

(6) The final determination of the frontiers will be carried out by the international commission. The commission will also be entitled to recommend to the four Powers, Germany, the United Kingdom, France and Italy, in certain exceptional cases, minor modifications in the strictly ethnographical determination of the zones which are to be transferred without plebiscite.

(7) There will be a right of option into and out of the transferred territories, the option to be exercised within six months from the date of this agreement. A German-Czechoslovak commission shall determine the details of the option, consider ways of facilitating the transfer of population and settle questions of principle arising out of the said transfer.

(8) The Czechoslovak Government will within a period of four weeks from the date of this agreement release from their military and police forces any Sudeten Germans who may wish to be released, and the Czechoslovak Government will within the same period release Sudeten German prisoners who are serving terms of imprisonment for political offences.

Munich, September 29, 1938.

Signed,

ADOLF HITLER,

NEVILLE CHAMBERLAIN,

EDOUARD DALADIER,

BENITO MUSSOLINI.

Kroenenbourg beer is decent because it is brewed by ethnic germans. Alsace is mixed french and german populace and changed hands many times as the tides of war have waxed and waned. The germans "reclaimed" it after the Franco-Prussian War, the french "liberated" it after WWI, the germans "reclaimed" it once more in 1940, drafting many french speaking Alsatians into the Nazi military, and the french "liberated" it once more at the end of WWII( with a little american assistance) and so it remains today. It is the only "french" beer worth drinking.