New Garmin GPS / PDA combo...iQue

TheDeacon

They should have gone with the Pocket PC OS. I doubt Palm will be around much longer unless they change.

The great question...which I have not been able to answer, despite my thirty years of research into the feminine soul, is "What does a woman want?" --Freud

quote:
Originally posted by Rygel:

They should have gone with the Pocket PC OS. I doubt Palm will be around much longer unless they change.

Not to hijack this thread but.....What makes you say that?

PS

I asked my wife if I could get one and she said only if I eat all my veggies. Then she looked at the price. Whew, $589.00 MSRP!

====================================

As always, the above statements are just MHO.

====================================

Well, after all that is the Manufacturers Suggested Rip Off Price! The Legend's MSRP is $268 and you can certainly find it for much less than that.

Actually, it's not bad given the price of the equivalent Pocket PC units without the GPS feature, and still not much that more than the same palm w/o GPS.

Just a feeling.

I was a Palm user for quite awhile but when the Axim came out at a reasonable price I went with that.

It just seems that you can do alot more with PPCs. Although there is alot more freeware for Palms.

The great question...which I have not been able to answer, despite my thirty years of research into the feminine soul, is "What does a woman want?" --Freud

Well, 80% is a bit overstated, and the latest trending information suggests one should serious consider what to do should they own any Palm OS stock. Despite what it looks like in their store window, the Palm boys are just barely hanging on - all that freeware and supposed market share notwithstanding.

Personally I'd suggest taking a second, unbiased, carefully scrutinized, and very hard look at the Palm financials AND market trend information before casting any hooey about who is leading what, or else be prepared to eat some hat.

* There maybe a Cradle for it for driving.

* It is a rechargable GPS

* You may be able to load programs into it that work with the gps part.

* 320 x 480 pixel display.

* probably can use the SD memory card from the Meridian in it.

* Far better than the Color Meridian(I took that back to the store).

* better than the bulky Street Pilot III.

* With Autorouting and the Points of Interest: You wont run out of GAS or Starve.

* Palm devices have used less battery power than microsoft powered PDAs in the past.

* That Graffiti area can be minimized, so you have more screen area.

* Easier to pocket, than a Laptop, or SP III.

* A very good companion to use with your big telescope in unfamilar places.

* A planetarium program that interacts with the GPS to help aim your telescope, or just to know what star your looking at.

* zillions of existing free downloads for Palm PDAs.

------------------------

5_Rubik.gifMy home page about GPS units and information