Sig Lines for Warm Fuzzies - Fuzzy

Pantalaimon

So, if anyone hasn't noticed, Warm Fuzzies - Fuzzy's sig line is a reloading spoof of one of the "Silly Songs With Larry." Songs which I highly recommend everyone listen to.

Anyhoo, in this thread Warm Fuzzies - Fuzzy shares the secret of the reloading Silly Song spoof verse generator, and offers it to anyone who wants to use it.

Well, I was hoping people could come up with some humerous verses to plug into the program.

One word of warning, the number of beats in each sentence is somewhat (but not drastically) important, and every verse has to end with "And I've never been to Boston in the fall."

Here's my example, so you get the idea. For more ideas, see any post by Fuzzy.

And I've never posted insults

And I've never threatened newbies

And I've never argued more than I have argued with y'all

And I don't like double posting

And my threads aren't always funny

And I've never been to Boston in the fall

Pan

Swallow a live toad first thing in the morning, and chances are that nothing worse will happen to you for the rest of the day. - Unknown

For reference, here's a post by Fuzzy.

Note that four of the five lines that change from verse to verse have the same number of syllables and the same rhythm, so they're effectively interchangeable. In fact, the script regularly interchanges them; it just has a list of that kind of line and another list of the other kind of line, and it chooses lines at random from that list (making sure not to use the same line twice in one verse.)

What this means is that you don't have to write whole verses; it's sufficient to write a line or two that fit the rhythm of one of the two kinds of lines. (Note, though, that I don't have any lines that have to do with the forums. The lines are about geocaching, and most geocachers don't come here.)

(Also, in case it's not obvious, each line claims that I don't or I haven't or won't do things that geocachers commonly do. The original song claims that they don't or haven't or won't do things that pirates usually do. And yes, my "premium member" tagline is a continuation of the theme.)

The lines I already have can be seen in the source code or by hitting reload a bunch of times.

pirate.cgi.gif

Holy Shnikes, he's right, Batman!

I didn't realize the following:

1) The lines changed, even from verse to verse. I thought the whole verse changed;

2) That Fuzzy's Premium Member handle was part of the song too; and

3) (Most importantly) the lines should be contrary to what you would normally do geocaching. Although, in my defense, in the SIlly Song With Larry on which this is based, the singer does go off on a tangent about things that have nothing to do with pirating.

Also, with regards to the forum related lines I wrote... um... the only people who are ever going to see the signature lines are the people in the forums... so I thought that would be okay.

Pan

Swallow a live toad first thing in the morning, and chances are that nothing worse will happen to you for the rest of the day. - Unknown

quote:
Originally posted by Pantalaimon:

Also, with regards to the forum related lines I wrote... um... the only people who are ever going to see the signature lines are the people in the forums... so I thought that would be okay.

Well, that's true enough. Okay, forum-related things are okay as long as they're things that forum posters shouldn't do (or shouldn't not do, as the case may be, confusing as that sounds.) So, And I don't like double posting and And my threads aren't always funny are okay, but forum posters shouldn't post insults, so that line probably isn't okay. However, it can be made okay by reversing its sense: And my posts are always insults.

Originally, I had thought the graphic might someday be linked from a cache description. But that's unlikely.

pirate.cgi.gif

For those that are both Veggie impaired (hey, I have the sountrack and I listen to it even when Junior isn't in the car!) and uninspired to Google it, there is a site that shows the setup to this skit and has downloadable versions of the song.

And now, you are all CURSED to sing Fuzzie's signature in the woods the next time you're out hunting!

And I don't think I'm addicted

And I like the smell of DEET in the morning

And I don't take the forums seriously

And I never geocache on Wednesdays

And I use my GPSr on airplanes when I shouldn't

And I've never been to Boston in the fall

---------------------------------------------------

Free your mind and the rest will follow action-smiley-076.gif