Sasquatch?

bitbrain

quote:
Originally posted by bitbrain:

Anybody out there seen signs of Bigfoot in the forest?

I've been watching the Travel Channel tonight & all the Sasquatch habitat they're showing looks like prime caching terrain as well.

Maybe I should get out more...

On Glastenbury Mtn. in Vermont, he's known as the Galstenbury monster. (He's not very bright; kept pointing the camera the wrong way). You can check out my log here.

geospotter

Remember the famous photo of Sasquatch walking through the forest? In fact, I think there's one cacher that uses that photo as an avatar. Well, I caught Sasquatch out of the costume in that very same pose. And guess what? He's searching for a geocache! In fact, he's been seen frequently in your area, bitbrain. You may recognize him.16340_200.jpg

Visit the Mississippi Geocaching Forum at

http://pub98.ezboard.com/bgeocachingms

quote:
Originally posted by Prime Suspect:

quote:
Originally posted by bitbrain:

Anybody out there seen signs of Bigfoot in the forest?

Haven't you heard? Bigfoot is dead. Or at least, the guy who originally started the hoax, http://www.saljournal.com/stories/010303/new_bigfoot.html back in the 1950s died last November.

http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/3608_2800.gif http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/3608_2600.gif http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/3608_2700.gif

nah, bigfoot lives. The death of Ray Wallace is a hoax. Next thing you know, you'll be say Elvis is dead and pro wrestling is fake.

Visit the Mississippi Geocaching Forum at

http://pub98.ezboard.com/bgeocachingms

A group of us had driven down to San Diego to take a picture of Zoo-Ology TB at the zoo a few days before the Superbowl. Since we were down there, we decided to do a few caches. While in the downtown area, we spotted a small herd of Elvises (Elvi?) just walking down the street. You can't believe how relieved I was. I hadn't seen Elvis during my last few trips to Vegas, and I was starting to believe the rumors of his death were actually true.

"It's free advice and worth every cent."

The Wapanocca Sasquatch has chewed up more than one tupperware container cache. But he's fascinated by ammo cans.

We had a cacher leave his GPS at a cache resently, and when he returned a few minutes later it was nowhere to be found. icon_eek.gif But he did find big footprints leading into the swamp.

Be on the lookout for Bigfoot's Cache in the near future! icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by ArkansasBugman:

The Wapanocca Sasquatch has chewed up more than one tupperware container cache. But he's fascinated by ammo cans.

We had a cacher leave his GPS at a cache resently, and when he returned a few minutes later it was nowhere to be found. icon_eek.gif But he did find big footprints leading into the swamp.

Be on the lookout for Bigfoot's Cache in the near future! icon_biggrin.gif

Now the big fellow will be able to find his way out of the forest and he will soon make his way into our cities and towns. Run, Run, for your lives.

On the other hand, you have different fingers.

15777_2200.gif

Maybe it isn't such a good idea for your home waypoint to be blatantly labeled "HOME"?

This cacher might just find Sasquatch (or the opportunistic finder) outside his front door. icon_eek.gif

I've renamed my home waypoint to something obscure. I guess I should remove any saved tracks and routes that start or end at my door.

In my Legend, I have substituted the info so that a finder could return the unit to me where I work:

name = name

street # = name of work waypoint

street name = the word "waypoint"

city = "Return for Reward"

state = state

zip = zip for work location

comment = "Day Phone 555-555-5555 x555"

You know what they say:

"Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean nobody's after you!"

icon_rolleyes.gif

Faster, Better, Cheaper

Pick any two.

I was hiking towards a cache hidden in the Lewis River area:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=28923

It was about 830 am and I was about a half mile short of the Shelter when I heard a whinnying type sound a couple of times. A couple minutes later, I heard the calls again.

I assumed it was a horse, but however, I never saw a horse that day and the sounds were perpendicular to me...perhaps a couple yards away or so and by the river.

A couple weeks later, I was researching about Bigfoot via an old friend's friend Jeff Lemley's Bigfoot site. Jeff's name was listed at end of the above mentioned documentary at teh end of the show. He organizes Bigfoot searches. Anyway, the sounds I heard were similar to recordings on the site. Hmmmm!!!

Not only that, the Lewis River area is within the 100 mile Dark Divide area known to have Bigfoots.

One more thing:

My old friend's brother saw it in the upper drainage system of the Klickitat a couple years ago. He described it as being grayish with a somewhat flattish face and about 8 feet tall. He was driving when it crossed the road in the late afternoon and it looked at him for a minute than it continued it's way into the trees.

Jeff and my friend Jason and his brother Tay who saw the thing went back to look for signs, but saw nothing conclusive thanks to the hard ground surface of the immediate area.

I plan on joining Jeff and his crew sometime next summer to look for it.

When I was younger, I helped out an old trapper who has long since died. He told me of this time, when he was younger, and trapping in the wilds of Northern Ontario, he found the tracks of something big around his traps and his traps were be set off. He described the tracks and they sure sounded like Big Foot's. He said this went on for about two winters and then it stopped. He never did see the tracks again.

I've always wondered about this. I could never find any information about Big Foot anywhere else in North American except in the Rockys.

Most of the area where he trapped has been stripped logged and no other accounts of this has ever been reported. Maybe the animal is very shy and moved out the area when they started logging.

Every hour spent geocaching is added to the end of your life

I was doing some reading online on bigfoot sightings a while back and was amazed to find that two of the parks I've been caching in had bigfoot sightings about 20 years ago. Then again, that was around the time that there was a lot of bigfoot hype, so who knows.

Whatever happened to that "Bigfoot trap" cache that I remember from about a year ago?

Bret

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again." Mt. 13:44

that the stories of my demise are greatly exagerated. I am alive and well and currently caching in Dallas TX. Haven't been spotted at cache sites by humans as of yeti. My computer in the woods is very slow what with the squirrels I use to power it so I'm waiting to get back to the great northwest to log all my finds. Gotta go, humans are near.