Unusual signs found while caching

OneOfEm

I took this picture Saturday. The reason it is funny is because it is there to warn that the underpass can have ice on it when other areas don't. The thing now is that the trail isn't really passable because the parks people have not cleared it, although people are clearly using it. So suddenly it now states the obvious.

0a4c4a7a-218c-4dbd-93da-9819b834973a.jpg

Edited by carleenp

how would i log it? there is no number on it. <_<

As the other responses suggest, the tree itself isn't the actual benchmark. There should be one nearby, however. Look around, and if you find the other witness trees (there should be at least three total to allow triangulation) you'll be able to focus your hunt by searching between them.

how would i log it?  there is no number on it. <_<

As the other responses suggest, the tree itself isn't the actual benchmark. There should be one nearby, however. Look around, and if you find the other witness trees (there should be at least three total to allow triangulation) you'll be able to focus your hunt by searching between them.

approx. how far apart would these trees be? is there a distance limit?

:D My favorite yet has to be the new speed limit signs posted in Colorado Springs, Colorado. They read something like "all speed limits 25 mph unless otherwise posted", and I doubt if I have seen one of these signs yet more than fifty feet from all the other original signs that specify 35mph, 45 mph, 55 mph, etc.

Why in the hell are we paying for these new signs and whose bright idea was it to put them up?

Speaking as someone who lives in Colorado, I can comment on this.

The signs are posted whenever entering a new city/county, and in some instances, in neighborhoods. I believe the reason they post them in neighborhoods is when they have problems with speeders. This way, no one can tell the cop "I had no idea what the posted speed limit was, officer, I never saw a sign."

In other words: ignore it.

:D My favorite yet has to be the new speed limit signs posted in Colorado Springs, Colorado. They read something like "all speed limits 25 mph unless otherwise posted", and I doubt if I have seen one of these signs yet more than fifty feet from all the other original signs that specify 35mph, 45 mph, 55 mph, etc.

Why in the hell are we paying for these new signs and whose bright idea was it to put them up?

That's the law in California - speed limit not posted? It's 25mph. There is no need to put up signs telling people this, as they're supposed to be familliar with the laws that pertain to driving.. :D