Unusual signs found while caching

OneOfEm

I didn't see this one while geocaching, and didn't have a camera ready, but my favorite sign has always been the deer crossing sign I saw while driving with my family across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel in the summer of 1984 on one of the middle bridge sections. I love the mental imagery of a deer leaping out of the bay onto the bridge and back into the bay :laughing:

-Karen

My favorite sign wasn't found while caching, but it said "Tattoos While You Wait"

The first time we saw it, my mother almost wrecked the car because of how hard she was laughing.

What are you supposed to do. Order it, pay for it, and then come back to pick it up later?

:lol:

Please enlighten the rest of us who don't read Arabic... What does it say??

It says to beware of 'traps'. I would imagine it refers to mines, booby traps, improvised explosives...etc. :blink:

I don't know arabic but I'm sure you're right - here's the original sign: 4e2d257e-de6b-4ffd-b398-4a5ab99ba7c4.jpg

[GTL]S.

The word they've used here (the one of the far left. Arabic reads right to left) is 'sharik' Which translates directly to 'net, snare, or trap'

Either way, the meaning is effectively conveyed...no one's gonna go walkin out there. :blink:

My favorite sign wasn't found while caching, but it said "Tattoos While You Wait"

The first time we saw it, my mother almost wrecked the car because of how hard she was laughing.

What are you supposed to do. Order it, pay for it, and then come back to pick it up later?

:D

I don't know. I guess you go, leave your arm, and come back in a couple hours? The sign is still there, BTW.. We see it every time we drive through..

Hmm, I am kinda rusty on spanish since this is a sign in America, paid for with American tax dollars. Let me see. Ahh I got it "Learn English or go back where you came from...please"

I go to other countries, and there's always signs in English. I'm glad the people in Germany, Austria, Greece, Egypt...etc., never took that attitude with me while I was there visiting their country.

I don't know. I guess you go, leave your arm, and come back in a couple hours? The sign is still there, BTW.. We see it every time we drive through..

While caching in the Napa valley last year, I saw a sign on a tattoo shop: "We maim to please."

Wish I had got the photo. ;):D

Hmm, I am kinda rusty on spanish since this is a sign in America, paid for with American tax dollars. Let me see. Ahh I got it "Learn English or go back where you came from...please"

Without getting political, and replying directliy to Sonoran: i'd much rather see a sign paid for by my tax dollars written in German, Ukraine, or Thai anytime.

Stop Illegal International Tresspassing into the US!