Unusual signs found while caching

OneOfEm

quote:
Originally posted by joefrog:

LOL... nice try, but your photo editing needs a tad more work! (I do that sort of thing for a living!)

What indicates to you that the photo is not genuine? I see the compression artifacts, but I believe they were the result of the red circle. Am I missing something?

quote:
Originally posted by geospotter:

quote:
Originally posted by joefrog:

LOL... nice try, but your photo editing needs a tad more work! (I do that sort of thing for a living!)

What indicates to you that the photo is not genuine? I see the compression artifacts, but I believe they were the result of the red circle. Am I missing something?

I'm not going to go digging around to Markwell it, but I remember when that picture was posted some months ago. IIRC, the person who posted it admitted that it had been altered.

--

There were plants and birds and rocks and things,

there was sand and hills and rain...

quote:

Look to the bottom right of the red circle. Those aren't "compression artifacts," those are where someone tried to "clone" from an area where the color saturation didn't quite match the underlying color. It's TOUGH to get an exact match on a solid color, especially when there's a shadow interfering.

Joel (joefrog)

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for ye are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"

quote:

Look to the bottom right of the red circle. Those aren't "compression artifacts," those are where someone tried to "clone" from an area where the color saturation didn't quite match the underlying color. It's TOUGH to get an exact match on a solid color, especially when there's a shadow interfering.

Joel (joefrog)

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for ye are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"

Bons wrote:

quote:
"What indicates to you that the photo is not genuine?"

The Kerning/Font seems to be slightly off. It's odd that the word "GEOCACHING" is wider than every other 10 (and some 11)

Maybe it was added later.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--

I put the Jeep in 4-wheel low and left the roads behind!

There's a fine line between Geocaching and mental illness, I'm just not sure which side of the line I'm on!