I know what the problem is...

RobertM

Yes I do.

It seems no one realizes that this website is given free to most of us, yet there are those that continue to continuously cause trouble.

People need to show some respect here. You need to treat people and talk to / with them as you would face to face. I think people are too quick to respond with their quick snide remarks.

Jeremy is right, this is not your playground, or anyone's playground. It's his. So respect that!

I also don't believe that we need moderators / forum policemen, etc. If everyone just thought before posting there'd be far less immature behavious on this board. Topics will go off-topic, no big deal. As is common in any situation it seems the problems stems from a few making the entire forums unpleasant for all. I think Jeremy must sit at home some days and be absolutely speechless at the behaviour / disrespect of some individuals.

I'm not looking for any attacks on this forum post. I'm just giving my point of view as I'm getting tired of all this BS as are a lot of people.

RobertM

quote:
Originally posted by RobertM:

quote:
Originally posted by Chris&Cindy:

Also keep in mind that when you pay you become the customer.

I don't believe that gives anyone the right to act the way people have been lately.

Yeah, you do have a point RobertM, things have gone downhill pretty quick lately.

I do feel these things should be kept in perspective. On the one hand if you are a paying member, you do have different expectations I suppose, but how much is logical. I would expect more consideration if I was paying $300.00 a year, as opposed to $30.00 a year. I hope that make sense. I absolutely feel I'm getting my $30.00 worth, and more, but I might be a bit turned off by some of the things that have been happening lately if I was paying $300.00...... and so it goes......

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

"Trade up, trade even, or don't trade!!!" My philosophy of life.

I agree, paying doesn't give you the right to be an @$$.

I think the place has gotten along fine withough mods but its a little out of control at this point and the couple that are trying to mod this place are doing so even though its not their main focus or job. That being said, every time someone is an @$$ that needs to be dealt with takes away from the time that they (mods) can being doing something productive.

I also have to say that I don't think there was a need to start another thread on this since there are so many already where this would fit in. If fact I'm sure it would have put some threads Back On Topic again.icon_smile.gif

I can pretty much guarantee that this will go OT into a whine fest just like the others.

Hey, I have an idea, if you're not going to be on topic, don't post here. Lets see how long that will last. I was going to give it a number but, why, we all know what would happen then. I'll be positive and hope for the best.

migo_sig_logo.jpg

Caching without a clue....

I just wish that people would let all of this die off...rather than post a new thread about it to get everyone stirred up agian.

If you want to voice an opinion...scroll down...there are about 6 or more on the same topic. All this thread does is rehash the same thing again.

El Diablo

Everything you do in life...will impact someone,for better or for worse.

http://www.geo-hikingstick.com

quote:
Originally posted by TEAM 360:

Paying customer or not, even rude shoppers get thrown out of the store when they get out of line.

I never said being rude was acceptable. What I am saying is that the whole idea that we have to take what is given to us and like it is a little skewed. We are paying cutomers and our views should count for something.

It might be Jeremy's "Playground" but we are paying for his swing set. This may have started as a free site, and still is for some, but without those that opt to pay, including merchandising, NO ONE would have this site including Jeremy.

Like I said I am not advocating being rude. But I am saying that WE paid for the sand, swing set and the other "playground" stuff so don't tell me we have no right to ask for anything in return.

All I am asking for is for TPTB to realize that we are customers, it may have started as a hobby but those days are gone. You have a business now and a duty to your customers to provide the services we give money for, even if it is optional to donate.

Everything seems fine but here of late I have just been seeing more and more comments about how we should "take it and like it" because we are the children who don't know what we want, and have to be told to eat it and shut up.

Does that clear up the comment some.

When in doubt...hit it with a big hammer.

It might be Jeremy's "Playground" but we are paying for his swing set. This may have started as a free site, and still is for some, but without those that opt to pay, including merchandising, NO ONE would have this site including Jeremy.

Let's see now...you have been a member for 3 months or so. Where were you 2 years ago when there was no membership fee or merchandise to pay for this site?

Just to clue you in...it was doing great! So your thoughts that if you the paying member wasn't here, then neither would be this site nor Jeremy is totally wrong.

You people are starting to get on my nerves. icon_mad.gif

El Diablo

quote:

We are paying cutomers and our views should count for something.

quote:

Like I said I am not advocating being rude. But I am saying that WE paid for the sand, swing set and the other "playground" stuff so don't tell me we have no right to ask for anything in return.

I think everyone has joined of there own free will. I don't think anyone was forced.

If you go to Walmart and you often buy goods there does that give you some right to act like an @$$ in their store because if it wasn't for you they wouldn't be in business? I don't think so.

I haven't read the stats thread and never really cared for Dan's page. He did a good job of keeping it up but it was never accurate for me so no big deal. I'm sure you know that the stats page has nothing to do with gc.c and was run independantly. Now if TPTB made it go away because it was data mining then oh well. Anyway, again I didn't read the thread and may do so now.

As far as the thread locking goes and "the problem here" is concerned, its only the forums. There is so much more to this site and the whole of geocaching to worry about threads getting locked. Funny thing is that its not even winter yet and everyone has cabin fever or something.

As far as the god attitudes are concerned I think that it is a good idea to "go somewhere else if you don't like it". What I mean is take a break from the forums, its good for everyone. Small doses are good. On the other hand I can take large doses of our local forums (MiGO) because everyone knows everyone IRL and are cool to one another. Local forums are the only forums that I've seen that are NOT like these here. Check out the regional forums here to see what I'm talking about.

Its a General forum which is basically a hangout for everyone. Everyone being a very small number of the whole that geocache.

migo_sig_logo.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by El Diablo:

See here is a good example of someone who needs a break and ummm... go play with some sticks or something. icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

migo_sig_logo.jpg

quote:

I never said being rude was acceptable.

And I never said YOU were rude. Paying the $30 a year gets a person the better features from this site, like Pocket Queries, improved downloads, etc...it does NOT allow someone to sit there and ***** and be rude to the admins, or be Forum SuperCop. They must have thought this site was just fine when they paid for the membership, now all of a sudden it's not good enough?? Come on. You don't buy hamburger and then get mad if it doesn't turn into a Filet Mignon by the time you get home. I am not saying eat it and shut up. If someone has a legit complaint, or an idea about change, it will be taken under consideration, I am sure. Some people (not YOU, now don't go and take this all personally) have been whining like babies without stating specifically what they were after, only that they don't get any respect around here. They never state exactly what they want. Maybe a new box of Huggies. I dunno. Perhaps the admins DID close down a few threads too quick, but that's life. Guess what? We can start another thread, no big deal, just go up and click on the box there (personally, I miss my "The Person Below Me" thread, but you didn't see me start 3 other threads to continue whining about it being closed down...that thread was fun free-style anonymous dissing and good for a laugh, which is what we need more of around here these days). I don't know what has gotten into some of the regulars around here lately. There are 3 or 4 threads about this already, and I won't contribute anymore to this. Okay, I'm done. Flame away, pyromaniacs! icon_mad.gif

quote:

Jerry you had better settle down... don't make me smack you with your own stick. icon_biggrin.gif

I don't generally post, but maybe this thread needs a different slant.

My Opinion Only: I am not sure the Forums are what Groundspeak is about. The number of Cachers that post in the forums is a very small percentage of the total. It is a nice feature for everyone to swap stories and information. IF the forums went away, as a cacher how would that affect your hobby?

I/You pay to keep the database running so we can log and look up caches. I don't use any features that my Charter Membership affords, I contribute to a worthy site. NOW if the cache side was not operating correctly, I would be unhappy. There are some features I would like, but in the grand plan it doesn't bother the caching trips.

End... was too long anyway.....

quote:

Let's see now...you have been a member for 3 months or so. Where were you 2 years ago when there was no membership fee or merchandise to pay for this site?

Just to clue you in...it was doing great! So your thoughts that if you the paying member wasn't here, then neither would be this site nor Jeremy is totally wrong.

El Diablo

It has grown past that obviously. Those times are over. Like the 40's, 50's and so on. Time moves on. Thats how the world works. "Back in your days" when it was all nice and happy was a great time I am sure, but it's over.

I may have been here for only 3 months but it seems to me it's the "old timers" who are commiting geo suicide. So who is the future of the hobby?

And if

WAS is the key word here. It WAS free (I know still is for the most part) and WAS great (again still is for the most part), but things change. What it was like 2 years ago means nothing now. Sorry but now is now.

All my point was is that we are not lambs. If we want to talk about something (non damaging to poples feeelings and crap) in the threads then we should be able to.

If we want or dont want stats then we should get it as WE, everyone is the furture not just the few who sit back and say you will get what I give you or talk about how great it used to be.

Wether you like it or not this hobby will only survive if everyone works to kep it going. So telling me that I have no right to voice my opinion because I am new is crap. At one point you were new too.

Add Geofart to the glossary: someone who has been around for a few years and thinks they are more important and talk crap about the old days. icon_biggrin.gif

I'm kinda glad the stats went away personally. I think it made things way too competitive. I might not be that competitive, but it sure amde dealing with folks who are that much more difficult. As a friend once said, being the #1 geocacher is like being the #1 pez collector. You and all of 7 other people are truly impressed. the other part of the country couldn't give a dadgum.

william

alt.gif

IMO, the problem is pride and self interest. If you want to do anything positive on this forum, be a servant leader, and help the new geocachers at least.

I posted this elsewhere, and I will post it here for the benefit of those that missed it on the 'complaint' thread:

quote:
There was a warning in recent times about suspension from the forums for specific types of behaviour being displayed via posts.

To my knowledge, there have been no suspensions.

And yet rampant keystroke pollution carries on, *even* despite merciful warnings within specific threads.

Now, I believe in self moderation as a first resort, and thread closing as a last resort. I am not always right, and I am certainly sometimes wrong. But I refuse to let an exploded ego and pail of pride direct me over the cliff. (Although I have posted on a cache page about jumping off of one.)

To that end, and due to being implicated in axe-grindings to a lesser extent, I have reached the following conclusion:

quote:
canadazuuk will self impose a thirty day ban on further posts by himself within the general forum, effective August 22, 2003 at 00:01

Thank you in advance

quote:
Originally posted by canadazuuk:

IMO, the problem is pride and self interest. If you want to do anything positive on this forum, be a servant leader, and help the new geocachers at least.

I posted this elsewhere, and I will post it here for the benefit of those that missed it on the 'complaint' thread:

quote:
There was a warning in recent times about suspension from the forums for specific types of behaviour being displayed via posts.

To my knowledge, there have been no suspensions.

And yet rampant keystroke pollution carries on, *even* despite merciful warnings within specific threads.

Now, I believe in self moderation as a first resort, and thread closing as a last resort. I am not always right, and I am certainly sometimes wrong. But I refuse to let an exploded ego and pail of pride direct me over the cliff. (Although I have posted on a cache page about jumping off of one.)

To that end, and due to being implicated in axe-grindings to a lesser extent, I have reached the following conclusion:

quote:
_canadazuuk will self impose a thirty day ban on further posts by himself within the general forum, effective August 22, 2003 at 00:01_

Thank you in advance

Is it 00:01 yet? icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif JK

About forty minutes ago, I posted a reply to this thread. It was put on hold because of a "trigger word." I checked over the post and tested the two words I thought might be the trigger, to find that "Na/icache" (be creative) was the trigger.

The very fact that you can't even mention a competitor's site in these forums underscores the point concerning customer service that was in my post.

Here's the post, with the trigger word modified.

----------------

This will be my only post in this thread, as I feel that there are those that "get it" about how customer relationships work and there are those that don't. I don't expect anyone that doesn't already get it to have an epiphany because of a forum post.

quote:
El Diablo:

Where were you 2 years ago when there was no membership fee or merchandise to pay for this site?

Not necessarily. You're forgetting that the userbase has grown consideribly in that time. I don't know by how much, exactly, but I'm sure that it's at least a factor of two or three, probably higher. Just look at the explosion of new cache placements - they weren't all placed by cachers who were around two years ago, and not every cacher is placing caches. Bandwidth costs (a lot of) money. Servers cost money. Software costs money - especially all the M$ stuff they're using. Windows Server 2003, MS SQL Server and MapPoint server are all expensive products. Then, of course, Jeremy et al have to eat and pay the rent...

I understand (I could be wrong, I'm sure I'll be corrected if that's the case) that Jeremy still had a regular job in the early days, and running this site was secondary. I'm glad for everyone involved that he's able to devote his entire work day to it now. It means that he's doing well enough with it to be able to support himself and we (the visitors) get a better site.

I think that saying that the site would be doing just as well without the paying members is just nuts, especially considering the added costs of higher bandwidth usage, hardware, electricity, etc., and the lack of income from a "regular" job. It may have been true when Jeremy first started asking for donations, but those days are long gone.

quote:
RobertM:

If you go to Walmart and you often buy goods there does that give you some right to act like an @$$ in their store because if it wasn't for you they wouldn't be in business? I don't think so.

Of course not - you should always treat people decently unless they've given you a reason not to. I'm glad you used Wal-Mart as an example, because they're a company that understands that superior customer service can make or break a company. Have you ever noticed that whenever you walk into a Wal-Mart, someone is there to greet you? Having a price that's fifty cents less than your competitor isn't enough to retain a customer - it takes good customer service to keep them coming back.

That, I believe, is the problem. Groundspeak effectively has a monopoly on geocaching. Don't believe me? Try to find a news article that lists N@v1cache as the "home page" for the sport of geocaching. Groundspeak doesn't need to provide a high level of customer service when their customers don't have a viable alternative.

During the many years that I worked in retail, I had a few jobs where there was just as much heavy lifting - literally - as there was serving customers on the sales floor. I worked my butt off in the stock rooms and then walked onto the sales floor to help customers. Were they aware of how hard I was working in the back room? Probably not, but I never thought that my breaking my back earned me the right to ignore them, treat them poorly or tell them that the story about their granddaughter didn't pertain to the products they were looking at, so they had to stop telling it.

I've noticed a lot of people on every side of this subject putting their emotions into their arguments. I've been just as guilty at times. Some people view their membership as a donation because they appreciate what Groundspeak's doing, others view it as a business arrangement. Everyone's right. If you're in the former category, you're probably not expecting anything other than the listings, and you're probably ok with it when the site goes down or is unusable for hours at a time. If you're in the latter category, you're probably expecting to be treated with the same level of respect and appreciation that you're used to receiving in your other business relationships, and you expect the service you're paying for to be reasonably reliable. There's nothing wrong with either position. People shell out the money for different reasons and are naturally going to have different expectations.

--

Pehmva!

Random quote:

sigimage.php

quote:
Originally posted by Cruzin!:

About forty minutes ago, I posted a reply to this thread. It was put on hold because of a "trigger word." I checked over the post and tested the two words I thought might be the trigger, to find that "Na/icache" (be creative) was the trigger.

The very fact that you can't even mention a competitor's site in these forums underscores the point concerning customer service that was in my post.

Here's the post, with the trigger word modified.

----------------

This will be my only post in this thread, as I feel that there are those that "get it" about how customer relationships work and there are those that don't. I don't expect anyone that doesn't already get it to have an epiphany because of a forum post.

quote:
El Diablo:

Where were you 2 years ago when there was no membership fee or merchandise to pay for this site?

Not necessarily. You're forgetting that the userbase has grown consideribly in that time. I don't know by how much, exactly, but I'm sure that it's at least a factor of two or three, probably higher. Just look at the explosion of new cache placements - they weren't all placed by cachers who were around two years ago, and not every cacher is placing caches. Bandwidth costs (a lot of) money. Servers cost money. Software costs money - especially all the M$ stuff they're using. Windows Server 2003, MS SQL Server and MapPoint server are all expensive products. Then, of course, Jeremy et al have to eat and pay the rent...

I understand (I could be wrong, I'm sure I'll be corrected if that's the case) that Jeremy still had a regular job in the early days, and running this site was secondary. I'm glad for everyone involved that he's able to devote his entire work day to it now. It means that he's doing well enough with it to be able to support himself and we (the visitors) get a better site.

I think that saying that the site would be doing just as well without the paying members is just nuts, especially considering the added costs of higher bandwidth usage, hardware, electricity, etc., and the lack of income from a "regular" job. It may have been true when Jeremy first started asking for donations, but those days are long gone.

quote:
RobertM:

Of course not - you should always treat people decently unless they've given you a reason not to. I'm glad you used Wal-Mart as an example, because they're a company that understands that superior customer service can make or break a company. Have you ever noticed that whenever you walk into a Wal-Mart, someone is there to greet you? Having a price that's fifty cents less than your competitor isn't enough to retain a customer - it takes good customer service to keep them coming back.

That, I believe, is the problem. Groundspeak effectively has a monopoly on geocaching. Don't believe me? Try to find a news article that lists N@v1cache as the "home page" for the sport of geocaching. Groundspeak doesn't _need_ to provide a high level of customer service when their customers don't have a viable alternative.

During the many years that I worked in retail, I had a few jobs where there was just as much heavy lifting - literally - as there was serving customers on the sales floor. I worked my butt off in the stock rooms and then walked onto the sales floor to help customers. Were they aware of how hard I was working in the back room? Probably not, but I never thought that my breaking my back earned me the right to ignore them, treat them poorly or tell them that the story about their granddaughter didn't pertain to the products they were looking at, so they had to stop telling it.

I've noticed a lot of people on every side of this subject putting their emotions into their arguments. I've been just as guilty at times. Some people view their membership as a donation because they appreciate what Groundspeak's doing, others view it as a business arrangement. Everyone's right. If you're in the former category, you're probably not expecting anything other than the listings, and you're probably ok with it when the site goes down or is unusable for hours at a time. If you're in the latter category, you're probably expecting to be treated with the same level of respect and appreciation that you're used to receiving in your other business relationships, and you expect the service you're paying for to be reasonably reliable. There's nothing wrong with either position. People shell out the money for different reasons and are naturally going to have different expectations.

--

Pehmva!

Random quote:

http://sthomas.net/sigimage.php

Worded better then I said it.

quote:

The word n a v i c a c h e is indeed a trigger word, it is no secret, see my recent posts for the Markwells, please 'consider the cost' folks, judge yourselves first, and know this: _time is running out._

Wahoooooo I'm back!!!!!!!!!!! Why is Navicache a trigger? That would be silly to censor a site that Espouses to being free and carefree.

Lets try it.

quote:

The word n a v i c a c h e is indeed a trigger word, it is no secret, see my recent posts for the Markwells, please 'consider the cost' folks, judge yourselves first, and know this: _time is running out._

Wow. I guess it is a trigger word. That is really kinda silly, maybe. Jeremy why would that be a trigger? Just to keep them from advertising on your site? I could see that I guess. But with all due respect though, and the risk of getting locked out again. I think some of the policies and hoopla of late have given them more than enough free advertising from GC.com.

I have to believe that it is a trigger because of that. If you/we/whoever is afraid of free advertising for that alternative site then maybe members like Chris and Candy and others are on to something. Would there be any way, or would you (Jeremy/Criminal)consider a open and frank discussion about all the hoopla? I say this also in constructive way. I have heard a lot more grumbling than usual from many(a lot) of members of GC.com. Some old, some new. It would suggest an underlying tension that might be better served with an open discussion. Maybe with ground rules so it doesn’t turn into a flame Jeremy because he didn’t approve my cache or locked a thread or whatever?

quote:
Originally posted by Cruzin!:

Groundspeak doesn't _need_ to provide a high level of customer service when their customers don't have a viable alternative.

I have yet to find another website (or another business -- other than my own) that provides the high level of customer service that Groundspeak provides. Jeremy is EXTREMELY responsive to 'customer' requests. The site you are viewing today is the result of Jeremy's responses to requests.

I am pleased that TPTB take the time to sort out improvements and come up with alternatives rather than implementing them in some haphazard way. Given time, almost all of the reasonable (read: useful to the most players) requests will probably be implemented. Those of us (geofarts) that have seen those improvements implemented can speak to this; those who have just stepped onboard cannot.

I'm kind of tired of reading all these threads on this topic. I have avoided posting in them and am going to try to stay away from them if I can make myself do it, but it is kind of like a train wreck. You don't want to watch but you do it anyway!

Instead of going on about it I'll just weigh in my opinion by saying I agree particularly with Team 360, Judy&Dick, and Geospotter's last posts. From the posts I've seen by UMC across various threads, I also agree with him.

pokeanim3.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Criminal:

quote:
Originally posted by Grajek:

Would there be any way, or would you (Jeremy/Criminal)consider a open and frank discussion about all the hoopla?

What does this have to do with me? You can talk about whatever you want. Just stay on topic or _someone_ will direct Hydee to close the thread. icon_wink.gif

http://fp1.centurytel.net/Criminal_Page/

Well I am not sure if your also Jeremy, but if you are I was thinking that some people had concerns about some policies at GC.com and thought delineating those issues, discussing them and coming to a resolution might help. The resolution might be "deal with it nothing is changing on issue X, Y and Z." Even that would be a step in the right direction.

I was thinking that was the problem for this thread and others that have been springing up lately. Of course I may be way off base and that is just my take on it. Just a suggestion.

I have notice that people have calmed down about the problem/s and seem to be more civil about things. I would just hate to let things go and lose the site and the fun I have GeoCaching.

quote:

Well I am not sure if your also Jeremy, but if you are.

Criminal is not Jeremy, they are two completely different people. It was a joke in another thread that was missunderstood.

migo_sig_logo.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by umc:

quote:

Well I am not sure if your also Jeremy, but if you are.

Criminal is not Jeremy, they are two completely different people. It was a joke in another thread that was missunderstood.

http://www.mi-geocaching.org/

Ooooppppsss Sorry. Everytime you see Criminal in my post above please ignor then. icon_razz.gif

He does kinda look Jeremy even without the hand/chin thing.

quote:

Wahoooooo I'm back!!!!!!!!!!! Why is Navicache a trigger? That would be silly to censor a site that Espouses to being free and carefree.

Lets try it.

If I remember correctly, the "N word" sends the post to a queue to be reviewed before posting. This was because last year a cacher got POed because she submitted 2 virtuals that were related and 50ft apart. The approver told her to combine them into 1 cache. After blasting the approver in the forums, she then posted tons of msgs to the effect of "geocaching.com sucks, go to nav*cache.com!"

I'm pretty sure that's what made that word a trigger.

"(Mopar is) good to have around and kick. Like an ugly puppy" - Jeremy

My 2 cents. It seems that geocaching is going through a growth spurt and is therefor having growing pains. TPTB seem to be on top of it and hopefully things will quite down. Things are and will be changing- can't have progress without it.We will just have to learn to grow and change along with the times or fall by the wayside. As for that other site... checked it out and don't see much GC.com has to worry about...right now. That's where Jeremy and the other PTB need to be careful and keep an eye on what people here do and want.

Remember, wherever you go- there you are!

quote:
Originally posted by umc:

quote:

See here is a good example of someone who needs a break and ummm... go play with some sticks or something. icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

http://www.mi-geocaching.org/

O.K...I took a break and now I'm ready to go again.

As I was saying...never mind. It's just not the same tonight. Could someone post something to tick me off again so I can get back into the spirit of things? icon_biggrin.gif

El Diablo

quote:

Yes I do.

It seems no one realizes that this website is given free to most of us, yet there are those that continue to continuously cause trouble.

People need to show some respect here. You need to treat people and talk to / with them as you would face to face. I think people are too quick to respond with their quick snide remarks.

Jeremy is right, this is not your playground, or anyone's playground. It's his. So respect that!

I also don't believe that we need moderators / forum policemen, etc. If everyone just thought before posting there'd be far less immature behavious on this board. Topics will go off-topic, no big deal. As is common in any situation it seems the problems stems from a few making the entire forums unpleasant for all. I think Jeremy must sit at home some days and be absolutely speechless at the behaviour / disrespect of some individuals.

I'm not looking for any attacks on this forum post. I'm just giving my point of view as I'm getting tired of all this BS as are a lot of people.

RobertM

I find the above post (and those like it) as irritating and pointless as the "trouble" causing posts. I don't necessarily disagree with the post, just with the perceived need to post it, it's just more noise. Stupid, silly, off topic or insulting threads will either fade away, be locked down, or entertain us.

That being said, I don't really find the above post or the "trouble" causing posts, irritating at all (pointless yes), I just stop reading them when I lose interest in them, no harm done (click, it's gone).

I don't feel the need to preach the virtues of posting 'on topic'. I really don't feel the need to be preached to, and I doubt anybody else does.

If trees could scream, would we still cut them down?

Well, maybe if they screamed all the time, for no reason.

Click here for my Geocaching pictures and Here (newest)

quote:

Yes I do.

RobertM

I find the above post (and those like it) as irritating and pointless as the "trouble" causing posts. I don't necessarily disagree with the post, just with the perceived need to post it, it's just more noise. Stupid, silly, off topic or insulting threads will either fade away, be locked down, or entertain us.

That being said, I don't really find the above post or the "trouble" causing posts, irritating at all (pointless yes), I just stop reading them when I lose interest in them, no harm done (click, it's gone).

I don't feel the need to preach the virtues of posting 'on topic'. I really don't feel the need to be preached to, and I doubt anybody else does.

If trees could scream, would we still cut them down?

Well, maybe if they screamed all the time, for no reason.

Click here for my Geocaching pictures and Here (newest)

quote:
Originally posted by Mopar:

quote:

Lets try it.

If I remember correctly, the "N word" sends the post to a queue to be reviewed before posting. This was because last year a cacher got POed because she submitted 2 virtuals that were related and 50ft apart. The approver told her to combine them into 1 cache. After blasting the approver in the forums, she then posted tons of msgs to the effect of "geocaching.com sucks, go to nav*cache.com!"

I'm pretty sure that's what made that word a trigger.

+ _"(Mopar is) good to have around and kick. Like an ugly puppy" - Jeremy _

Okay thanks. That makes sense. I thought it had to be something like that.

quote:

Well if thats the case, I'll stop posting!

"You can't make a man by standing a sheep on his hind legs. But by standing a flock of sheep in that position, you can make a crowd of men" - Max Beerbohm