GPS315

Guest RTr1031732

Guest RTr1031732

I am curious, can anyone that may have a GPS315, give me a way to set my GPS315 to target of feet for where a caching is located, or is there a way, I seem to be missing it somewhere in the manual. Please let me know if there is a way to set the distance once in close range of caching, thanks. Bob

Guest RTr1031732

Thanks Bill, completed the upload, now I got I got try to get it to initialize. Or how could I find the coordinates for my area? Before, it would initialize ok, but not now.

Bob

Guest zilla

I loaded the new version, and am not too sure it is an improvement. Seems to take longer to get a lock now.. Also, it is not .1 mile for the unit to go to feet, it is, quote from the site:"Distance and XTE values now change from miles/nm to feet and from km to meters when they become less than 0.1 of the larger scale"

I have tried to figure out what that means,to no avail, and still don't see feet displayed.. Also a friend brought his 320 over to get the upgrade and I had to erase the upgrade files and unzip a new set before it would work.. Go figure??

[This message has been edited by zilla (edited 31 July 2001).]

[This message has been edited by zilla (edited 31 July 2001).]

Guest echosgold

Yeah I had similar problems with the newest version. Did seem to take longer to get a fix and once you are close to your target the distances became highly sporadic. I have since gone back to 3.12. no problems.

------------------

Echosgold

www.Outdoor-Dog.com -Gear for Active Dogs!

Guest RTr1031732

So to what benefit, would I get from this upgrade? I am trying it out this evening. My question is as I get nearer to the cache , will the alarm let me know when I am with in 10 ft. or will it be still like 80 ft. or more? TO what other benefits to this upgrade, and where can I look up the info to read up on it. Also if I am not happy with this upgrade how do I get my original settings back. Thanks

Bob

Guest RTr1031732

Answered my own question. Yes it seem to take a little more time to get a position, I did go to a known cache and try this new upgrade. It did show me the ft. once I got in about within 320 ft. range of the cache, then as I proceeded the countdown of ft. proceeded even under tree cover. As I got closer, I did notice sporadic changes of reading. But I would turn power off and get a new start and let it average out from maybe 100 ft. away, then thats where I would recommend to use a compass toward that direction or step off the directed ft. I did stay at a stand still until it stop at a distance of footage, and proceeded from there by step off or compass. You all may want try that, good option. Worked for me.

Bob