All States Logged?

Lyra

Just out of curiosity, I wanted to see if anyone had logged at least one find in all 50 states. CCCooper, of course, came to mind, but I didn't have the patience to go through all the pages and pages and pages...

Has anyone logged a find in all 50 states? If not, who's got the record for most states in which a cache has been found?

So far, I've got a big fat 1!

Always wear proper caching safety equipment!

60748_1200.jpg

I really don't think any states besides Maine should count. Maybe Alaska. But I'll play your way ... I've only logged caches in one.

Some people are like Slinkies . . . not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

According to the Stats Site, MikeChim has logged caches in 25 states. I recall that he took an extended cross-country tour while looking for a grad school program. He also sets out very nice caches around his home base in Erie, PA.

Our own statistics pale in comparison to Mike's. So far, The Leprechauns have logged physical cache finds in Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia, New York and California. Nevada will be added within a week... VEGAS, BABY!

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

If there's no accounting for stupidity, then why do I need to file a tax return?

[This message was edited by The Leprechauns on January 03, 2003 at 05:01 AM.]

WV, VA, PA, OH, KY, IL, IN, WI, MO, KS, CO, WY, NE, and IA. That plus DC. I didn't count states/countries where we only have locationless caches (I wish they wouldn't show a state at all.)

We found caches in 13 of those states and DC for a simple reason (besides the obvious "they were there") that is pretty much the opposite of Rusty's comment about caching in MI...

There are caches in West Virginia?

Ok, so there are caches here, but it's often easier to drive to another state for a cache hunting trip. (Except for that one cache about a mile from here that we need to grab...)

VA, MD, DC, PA, NC, SC, GA, FL, & WV. One of these days I'll head back home to New England for a vacation and it'll double when I can cache through DE, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA, VT, NH, & ME.

How about an East Coast Sweep? I'm sure a few have completed that feat.

Way back in the days when the grass was still green

and the pond was still wet

and the clouds were still clean,

and the song of the Swomee-Swans rang out in space...

one morning, I came to this glorious place.

NC, VA, SC, NH, MA, VT, CO, FL, and PA.

quote:
Originally posted by Lyra:

So far, I've got a big fat 1!

Hey, Lyra. We visited Martinsville recently and found several of your caches. Come on over to NC and double your state count. There are a couple of event caches coming up soon that aren't too far from you, http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=46619 and http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=46790.

Our roots are in Carolina Red Clay.

We've now hit 11 states, as well as four others that were locationless (which I don't count as states...). But we've hit them in Texas of course, as well as New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Utah, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and Florida.

Needless to say, we took a 17 day trip to Yellowstone National Park last summer which allowed us to hit all the ones in the west. I then took a short 5 day trip to Florida when the kids went to their mother's for summer visitation... just to relax...heheheh. Looking to hit a few more this summer. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

"Trade up, trade even, or don't trade!!!" My philosophy of life.

Too bad I never get enough vacation time to get to all 50 states. icon_frown.gif We have only one state logged so far but there are 5 travel bugs that we have sent out to cover all 50 states. The duck pond gang members each have their own TB and we are "racing" to see whose bug gets all 50 states first. icon_razz.gif

"Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss