Ammo boxes should be banned

Mr. Snazz

Ok.....I held off the first time this thread appeared. I even held off the second. But now I'm laughing so hard and I can't help myself, I have to say......I can't believe this thread is still alive!!! This is almost as funny as some of the "Do not read this thread" posts I've seen. And yes, if people would just READ the thread, the whole thread, and nothing but the thread, before they posted,,,,,well then, it wouldn't be nearly as amusing would it?

We're going on a treasure hunt...we're not quite sure just where...but with our trusty GPS, we'll find a cache stashed there!!

By Daughter Cheryl

Ammo boxes are good. Geocaching stickers were manufactured to fit on most ammo cans. After wars take place there are many ammo cans up for grabs. One can purchase them at Army Navy Stores, Cheaperthandirt.com, friends, garage sales, etcetera. Since Geocaching stickers fit on them quite well and they are sealed with rubber seals, they usually fair well within our environment, whether there be high humidity or low humidity. What is all this bashing all about? It is nothing more than an olive-drab colored metal box with a rubber seal that hides Geocaching prizes quite well. You can also use them to store valuables. Why do people go sideways anyway??????????

"Edison Medicine": Anything that brightens your day is a good thing!

icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

Mr. Snazz, what the he*l is all this Bull sh*t about banning ammo cans from geocaching, what the h*ll is *rong *ith yu*? You leftist, tree hugging, toe stubbing doot snorter.

Don't you think it is MORE important to ban ammo boxes from storing leftovers? (makes `em smell funny).

You're a genius, in the future when I see a post from somebody, and I feel like posting an argument to their post, I will check back to this thread to see if they made a "serious" post here, and if so, completely ignore them. (it's not like they would READ my post anyway).

I am aching from laughter, thanks.

If trees could scream, would we still cut them down?

Well, maybe if they screamed all the time, for no reason.

quote:
Think about...Ammo cans are usually used ONE TIME. Anyone who has been in the military knows that your ammo always comes in fresh cans. Anyone who has geocached knows these things last forever.

Once we had our bases here in Michigan give a 10 cent deposit for each can they used, the littering with ammo cans have stopped! I haven't seen an ammo can on the roadside for a long time. icon_biggrin.gif

"The hardest thing to find is something that's not there!"

Acc. to www.watchrose.de, I've invented natural cache container which are easier to undestand, can also be placed on indoor/outdoor parks, city caches and will make geocaching smarter.

I'd apreciate if you all could write to GPS ammo can manufacturers asking for switchable features acc. to the Munich Container Convention.

Thank you in advance

- - - - -

Wisconsin Geocaching Association

Acc. to www.watchrose.de, I've invented natural cache container which are easier to undestand, can also be placed on indoor/outdoor parks, city caches and will make geocaching smarter.

I'd apreciate if you all could write to GPS ammo can manufacturers asking for switchable features acc. to the Munich Container Convention.

Thank you in advance

- - - - -

Wisconsin Geocaching Association

quote:
Originally posted by Cache'N'Carry:

and thanks to George Bush, we should see the price of ammo cans going down due to the increased surplus. icon_wink.gif

Dammit! I wanted to be the author of the 200th post on this thread!

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

Ammo cans should be banned because kids might stumble across them and the use them as weapons to club old ladies and each other and if there was a lighter in the can it could explode and kill someone

I'm a man and I can change if I have to,I guess.

quote:
Originally posted by dthigpen:

I move for MrSnazz to be banned from the forums. He has shown himself to be a bad person in general. Further more, I move that people must be charter members to be able to even post on the forums! Yeah! On top of that, you should have to pay $5/thread for read privilages to these forums. FURTHER MORE, You should have to send in all responses to thread topics to Groundspeak in writing within 72 hours of posting for verification or your response should be deleted!

Doug

[This message was edited by dthigpen on November 03, 2002 at 05:11 PM.]

EVER HEAR OF FREE SPEACH? icon_eek.gif

This one time, I was walking through a forest, and a Tupperware minon was stalking me...It was throwing Ammo boxes at me.

I picked it up, and Stuffed the tupperware minion in the ammo box, and hid it under the snow in the UP of Michigan. Will go out in a few months when the snow is finally goneicon_wink.gif

I see my favorite thread at gc.com is still going! But I thought it was 4 (almost 5)pages long??? I guess it lost a lot of posts during the change over, I posted at least 4 times and all of them are gone. What a shame too, a lot of the best replies are gone. Oh well...

Cache On!

quote:
When ammo cans are outlawed, only outlaws will can ammo!

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

Seriously, ammo cans are pretty good to go, but they are a beeeyatch! to carry around; metal handle or no handle. I prefer the tupperwear just because it's really easy to pack into your location. The one bonus about the ammo can is that you can put tons of handguns in them! icon_biggrin.gif

Ammo boxes are fine. There is nothing wrong with them.

Just put some arabic writing on one and place it next to a water treatment plant or power generating staion and no one will care.

========================================

Friends don't let Friends geocache drunk.

Tupperware Sucks my left knee cap. Darn near every tupperware cache I run into leaks or is too brittle. Ammo cans are the only way to go. I prefer these black 21st century ammo containers.

56860_200.jpg

-Lets play global Thermonuclear war-

In New Mexico the Ammo Cans make great Geocaches. They do not rust, because we tend have dry weather. Tupperware or the like on the other hand cracks here due to our extreme dry heat. I think we should use our judgment on setting up/maintaining caches for the needs of our climates. I do ask that whatever we use be maintained, so as not to destroy travel bugs that are passing by. If we get too many rules we will not have much of a sport. As to the Pot issue that is another issue altogether. Should electrical clips be banned because someone can use them to hold a joint or ice cream trucks because they sometimes sell pot. In Albuquerque it is legal to sell syringes to Junkies. Lets just keep our sport and let the rest of the world stay imperfect. It will be that way regardless.

L

PS: Perhaps if people are spending time with they children geocaching we will not have as much of a drug problem anyway.

This is the thread that never ends, it just goes on and on my friends, some people started posting here not knowing what it was, and they'll continue posting here forever

just because, this is the thread that never ends, it just goes on and on my friends, some people started posting here not knowing what it was, and they'll continue posting here forever

just because, this is the thread that never ends, it just goes on and on my friends, some people started posting here not knowing what it was, and they'll continue posting here forever

just because...

quote:
Originally posted by GOT GPS?:

These are pinatas

http://www.1partysuppliesandfavors.com/catalog/images/pin016.gif http://www.1partysuppliesandfavors.com/catalog/images/pin010.gif http://www.1partysuppliesandfavors.com/catalog/images/pin035.gif

Perfect!!!

crack open the cache, sign log, take, leave something, then glue container back together.

http://www.thepinatastore.com/

Always different...Hit refresh

http://www.flint.umich.edu/cgi-bin/maze?90+35+4+1+0+0+0+0+255+255+255

THAT"S NOT AN AMMO BOX !!!

..it's a highly syncronized beviled guidance store with a gyro balanced resistor cone, on a specially designed power transfer module, stabalized with a monosaturated line cord, while off-set with a narrow blank disk array, after which a static encrypted laser protocol has been strategically communicated on the enhanced bisync partition.

"Heck, that scares me and I'm fearless"

Heck, how about a containerless cache? All that's usually in these is pretty much trash anyways, so just throw all of it on the ground around a 55-gal drum with a Hefty sack in it.

Better yet, what's in the Hefty sack IS the "treasure" so you won't worry about downgrading the cache's value.

I'm not going to use an ammo can for my first cache because its too small for the planned contents. There were some big tube containers at the surplus store, but I couldn't get one open to check it out.

Hmmmm, but then again: first you have to find it, then you have to figure out how to open it! And the really good stuff is waaaay down at the bottom. Could be a winner....

Geocaching: the perfect sport for introverts!

YOUR NOT MR. SNAZZ !!!!

... you are a highly molecularized carbon based, anodized, maytag spinning, plastic coated, high definitioned, bipedelling geo-faucetted, dioxide emitting, toe jamming, conduser setting, ammo loving, fig eating humaniod.

"Heck, that scares me and I'm fearless"

I agree with Mr. Snazz. Those ammo boxes wreak, and when I open them, the rusty hinges squeek and hurt my ears. What's up with that? Rude.

Like a lot of other geocachers around here, I like to put live rodents in caches for the kids - it's a family sport right? Nothing harmful mind you, just hampsters and gerbils. I buy the sick ones cheap down at Petsmart and breed 'em. When I put the gerbils in an ammo box, I can't see the little critters running around like I can with tupperware. That bugs me. Sure, you can shake a gerbil much better in an ammo can, but heck, after a shake or two it gets old anyhow - unless there's a pocket knife in there too. Nothin' beats that on a Saturday night, no siree! A box of gerbils, some pocket knives, fresh batteries in the Lowrance and I'm good to go. Uh huh!

I've been thinking a lot about this next one. Even if we started to call ammo boxes Homeland Defense Boxes, that wouldn't help. Most people would just see right through that. As good as Tupperware is, I think old cottage cheese containers are even better. I figure every household probably eats, what, maybe 9 or 10 containers of cottage cheese a week (small curd, not large). If we all started using those old containers for our caches, we'd make our landfills last a lot longer. I mean a lot!I'm doing some cipherin', so I'll probably have more on that later.

Anyhow, that's what I think. I've got to go out back and feed the gerbils. This new batch gets cranky around this time.

"I've never been lost, but I was a might bewildered for three days once." - Daniel Boone

quote:
Originally posted by SuperMadCachers:

"...what a moron! Period. ..."

With over a year to read through its posts (this thread actually started waayyyyy back in Feb 2002), you would think that folks would have had more than enough time to stop taking this discussion seriously. Period.

'...some people started posting here not knowing what it was, and they'll continue posting here forever just because...'

icon_rolleyes.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Cache Canucks:

quote:

With over a year to read through its posts (this thread actually started waayyyyy back in Feb 2002), you would think that folks would have had more than enough time to stop taking this discussion seriously. Period.

'...some people started posting here not knowing what it was, and they'll continue posting here forever just because...'

icon_rolleyes.gif

I second that emotion!!!! People don't read through the whole post before they reply.

Welcome to the forums "SuperMadCachers" but take the time to read the whole thread, it is very funny as it was meant to be a JOKE.

http://www.mokancachers.com

-Does anyone have some cache on them?-

icon_rolleyes.gif

I second that emotion!!!! People don't read through the whole post before they reply.

Welcome to the forums "SuperMadCachers" but take the time to read the whole thread, it is very funny as it was meant to be a JOKE.

I did read the whole thread! And I did find the majority of it humorous. That particular part I did not....!

www.larsenfamily.com

family@larsenfamily.com

quote:
Originally posted by Roadster:

quote:
Originally posted by Cache Canucks:

quote:

icon_rolleyes.gif

wRONG! original post posted posted November 03, 2002 03:41 PM