Ammo boxes should be banned

Mr. Snazz

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif Ya guys are killing me!!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

For those of you who took this thread seriously, Get a life!!!

This has got to be one of the longest threads going. Like that dadgum energizer bunny, it just keeps on going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going.

It was all in jest. I have hunted several of his caches but to tell the truth, I have no idea

what the container was. We have a couple tons of songdogs here and they will get into anything that even thinks it smells bad let alone does smell good. We, the local cachers in the area, have several caches for dogs only with lots of dog treats in them. I have seen zero ripped open and I have not heard about any getting ripped open so I would say the ammo cans are a good idea. Now I do have a cache in a rock, literally in a rock, and it has not been open by critters, other the madjack that is, and I think I will go get some stuff to make some more rock cache containers. Not fake rock either. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Later, logscaler.

quote:
Originally posted by freelens/mosie:

I've never heard of a ammo can what is it?

I checked the dictionary and 'ammo' is slang for ammunition. 'Can' is slang for a toilet. This would mean an ammo can is toilet ammunition. Also known as 'doots'.

Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.

quote:
Originally posted by freelens/mosie:

I've never heard of a ammo can what is it?

I checked the dictionary and 'ammo' is slang for ammunition. 'Can' is slang for a toilet. This would mean an ammo can is toilet ammunition. Also known as 'doots'.

Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.

quote:
Originally posted by umc:

Not only is MrSnazz not a real name it is a dumb one too. As a matter of fact I think you are dumb Mr.Snazz with a dumb idea about ammo boxes. I have a cache placed in a ammo box. Its http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=41244 which is probably one of the finer ammo box caches. Selling tupperware aye. You know what you can do with your dumb tupperware, you can take it and shove it up your dumb doot hole you dumb troll. Nothing worse than a dumb tupperware pushing troll who cries the first time he stubbs his dumb toe on a ammo box. Now take your dumb trolling tupperware full of doots and beat it you dummy.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Coming Around, New Owner Of a Garmin GPS V Received on 10-03-02

I don't think your 'ad-hominem' attack is fair. Mr. Snazz has been around for awhile, and his posts have been edifying. I think 'ad hominem' attacks should be saved for *Tupperware*. Think! What is a 'Tupper'? What is that stuff made of, anyway?

I really enjoy typing 'ad hominem', how about you?

Ammo boxes are cool, they look dangerous and scary. Since geocaching is so dangerous and scary, I think all caches should be in ammo boxes.

FWIW, I think 'Mr. Snazz' is ... Snazzy!

Bluespreacher

"We've got the hardware and the software, the plans and the maps ..." -- Citizen Wayne Kramer

quote:
I think 'ad hominem' attacks should be saved for *Tupperware*. Think! What is a 'Tupper'? What is that stuff made of, anyway?

Tupper is a lake in NY's Adirondack mountains. Ware means to "be watchful, or wary of". So Tupperware means "to be wary of mountain lakes".

Heelllo everyone! Mr. Snazz started this thread as a joke (I hope). He actually likes ammo boxes. I mean he really, really, really likes them. In fact his love of ammo boxes has become unhealthy and his friends and family are quite concerned. I believe he's seeking help through Ammo Boxes Anonymous, so lay off the guy!

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues" - Abraham Lincoln

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

Tupper is a lake in NY's Adirondack mountains. Ware means to "be watchful, or wary of". So Tupperware means "to be wary of mountain lakes".

So this means I should avoid caches placed in this town?

----------

Do not answer a fool according to his folly, lest you be also be like him.

Usually the last meal of the day. It goes back to at least biblical times. They must have thought the fad had run it's course when they took a pitcher of what they thought was the last one. We had a series of Tupperware ladies in my hometown of Crazy Woman, Wyoming. They went broke because everyone thought the tupperware shoes were a little uncomfortable and the hats just looked stupid.....even for Wyoming. People just stuck with there original Levi evening ware. Paradigm shifting is virtualy unknown in Wyoming.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Hey!...

I came 673,000 lightyears, through the interdemensional divide, and across the electron gap in a craft that is almost indistinguishable from an ammo box.

I think they are beautiful and useful. I just can't seem to get rid of that funky smell.

Anybody got one of those automobile air fresheners? I would prefer the "Trafalmadorian gotekah tree" fragrance.

Unknown objects are operating under intelligent control... It is imperative that we learn where UFO's come from and what their purpose is... - -Admiral Roscoe H. Hillenkoetter Director, Central Intelligence Agency 1947-1950

Hey!...

I came 673,000 lightyears, through the interdemensional divide, and across the electron gap in a craft that is almost indistinguishable from an ammo box.

I think they are beautiful and useful. I just can't seem to get rid of that funky smell.

Anybody got one of those automobile air fresheners? I would prefer the "Trafalmadorian gotekah tree" fragrance.

Unknown objects are operating under intelligent control... It is imperative that we learn where UFO's come from and what their purpose is... - -Admiral Roscoe H. Hillenkoetter Director, Central Intelligence Agency 1947-1950

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Snazz:

All arguments in favor of ammo cans are invalid, because ammo cans are a product of violence.

Cool fact Mr Snazz, but I went through my atlas and can't find where Violence is located. Is it in Tiawan somewhere in the East along with Japan, China, Hong Kong, etc.. Please post Lat/Lon for us.

quote:

Ammo isn't used to feed little squirrels,

Do you feed Tuppeerware to squirrels

quote:

or help old ladies dye their hair.

I have to attend one of your Tupperware demo parties to see this use in action. icon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

GPSr's...A step in the right direction!

so you can ban all the animal boxers you want to.

..I think we should ban toes from caches.

Beside we need to use up all those tons of ammo boxes left over from the wars before they all rust and fall on someone's toe.

besides tupperware makes me cry, it reminds me that the fridge has food in it I should toss in the trash.

I wonder how many people have stumped their toe on tupperware containers that fell out of the fridge.

It makes a big mess, then you have to bend over and clean it up. We should take that food to feed the ammos that are hungry near the animal boxes.

Oh, I forgot, tupperware makes great rat homes. We need rats where we reach to get a nearly obscure cache. Once a guy in a movie lost his fingers because a rat ate them. SO.... the logic fits.

.... "ammo boxes smell funny.... " WHAT? get your darned nose out of it, ninny. It smells funny because you stuffed your bare toe in it!!!!

Ammo boxes will eventually rust away, tupperware will last until July 32, 5085 AD. Really bio smart???

** The worst suggestion of a life time may be the catalyst to the best idea of the century, don't fail to listen to suggestions.

How can mrsnazz be so naive? No ammo or ammo can is capable of hurting anyone or anything. I'd be willing to bet he cannot come up with a single factual account of an ammo can being used as a bomb. Also when was the last time you heard of a terror attack out in the woods, where most caches are. Give me a break.

What a discussion... ammo vs. tupperware. Is this hobby really so depressing that you have to fight about stupid thing like this? I'm really happy we don't have ammo boxes for sale here in Finland and tupperware boxes are so expensive that people have better targets of usage for them. Fortunately we have here big plastic candy boxes that can be used as caches and they seem to be also waterproof.

Regards, Captain Morgan

quote:
Originally posted by Captain_Morgan&Family:

What a discussion... ammo vs. tupperware. Is this hobby really so depressing that you have to fight about stupid thing like this? I'm really happy we don't have ammo boxes for sale here in Finland and tupperware boxes are so expensive that people have better targets of usage for them. Fortunately we have here big plastic candy boxes that can be used as caches and they seem to be also waterproof.

ammoboxes are evil and must be destroyed! yay! yay!

quote:
Originally posted by Captain_Morgan&Family:

ammoboxes are evil and must be destroyed! yay! yay!

If it doesn't, it doesn't. I have caches that would have failed as tupperware, and others that would have failed as ammo boxes.

They are fine for where they work, but are not for every cache.

I have to agree with previous posters that this seems to be a fairly silly argument. Its like arguing that we should all live in apartments or build houses out of the same thing.

By appointment to the Court of HRM Queen Mikki I.

Greetings:

Dont you understand???? Its a long time truth that the Military-Industrial-Congressional complex started with AMMO CANS!

Think about...Ammo cans are usually used ONE TIME. Anyone who has been in the military knows that your ammo always comes in fresh cans. Anyone who has geocached knows these things last forever.

So, its fiscally irresponsible to sell once-used cans as surplus when they COULD be refilled with the only change needed being a quick update of the lot number.

Its actually quite thoughtful of Uncle Sam to surplus ammo cans for use by cachers. That or maybe the ammo can factory is in an influential congressman's district somewhere.

Wanna buy ammo cans by the pallet? www.govliquidation.com I bought a pallet just to have. I often go out and look at them - stacked so nicely - so new and green and beautiful. Ahh, life is good!

Maybe the originator of this topic has a wife that sells Tupperware?!?!

Yes, ammo cans DO stink. But that STINK is the smell of AMMO and that, my friends, is the semll of FREEDOM! :-)

Personally, I keep my ammo in Tupperware and my lunch in an ammo can.

Call me odd

Sincerely,

PULASKI

Greetings:

Dont you understand???? Its a long time truth that the Military-Industrial-Congressional complex started with AMMO CANS!

Think about...Ammo cans are usually used ONE TIME. Anyone who has been in the military knows that your ammo always comes in fresh cans. Anyone who has geocached knows these things last forever.

So, its fiscally irresponsible to sell once-used cans as surplus when they COULD be refilled with the only change needed being a quick update of the lot number.

Its actually quite thoughtful of Uncle Sam to surplus ammo cans for use by cachers. That or maybe the ammo can factory is in an influential congressman's district somewhere.

Wanna buy ammo cans by the pallet? www.govliquidation.com I bought a pallet just to have. I often go out and look at them - stacked so nicely - so new and green and beautiful. Ahh, life is good!

Maybe the originator of this topic has a wife that sells Tupperware?!?!

Yes, ammo cans DO stink. But that STINK is the smell of AMMO and that, my friends, is the semll of FREEDOM! :-)

Personally, I keep my ammo in Tupperware and my lunch in an ammo can.

Call me odd

Sincerely,

PULASKI

everything scares me, and it's too hard.

somebody PLEASE take your tongue out of your cheek for just long enoght to pull the irony alarm for those who didn't hear the clue phone ring.

it doesn't matter if you get to camp at one or at six. dinner is still at six.

The problem is people do not read the entire thread before they post, if they did they would know it was a J O K E !

JOKE-(1) anything said or done to arouse laughter, as a funny anecdote (2) a thing done or said merely for fun

People Please read the entire threads before posting, this has been said many of times already, can you say "redundant"

The early bird gets the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese.

I am fairly new to Geocaching. Most everything I have read in theses forums has been good reading. But truly this has got to be the most childish display of behavior I have seen yet. "His Name isn't really Mr.Snazz".. There is a freakin suprise!!! DUH!! who does use their real name? I think his idea of not using Ammo cans is rediculous and unfounded. But why not just say that? Name calling, insults and general bashing?... Can't we just leave those things to the lil kiddies chat rooms? I am getting ready to place my first cash.. and yes it is an ammo can. They are durable, water tight and a bit more likely to stay in place. I find it upsetting too that anyone would try to profit or make personal gain in this sport. It is a fun family sport, uncommercialized and fun.... lets keep it that way.

quote:
Originally posted by Team Flash:

I am fairly new to Geocaching. Most everything I have read in theses forums has been good reading. But truly this has got to be the most childish display of behavior I have seen yet.

Maybe you should try READING the thread before making a "contribution" to it.

quote:

Hmm. I was going to post a note saying some of these threads make for good newbie detectors, except that maybe it's a good thing that some people actually take the time to read back in the forums a few months. Might cut down on some of the repeat posts.

- - - - -

Wisconsin Geocaching Association

quote:

Hmm. I was going to post a note saying some of these threads make for good newbie detectors, except that maybe it's a good thing that some people actually take the time to read back in the forums a few months. Might cut down on some of the repeat posts.

- - - - -

Wisconsin Geocaching Association

quote:
Originally posted by DitchDoc:

If it weren't for "AMMO BOXES", this fine country that most of you on here live in, would not have the freedom that we have.

I'm thinking the problem here in the forums is the same as in real life. Most people speak without listening. In the forums that means people type out a msg without reading anything anyone else posts.

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

I for one am glad that Mr. Snazz (i think that is his real name) has brought this important issue to our mutual attention. And this is why i have decided to market a line of fully-demilitarized ammo boxes for the sensitivie geocacher. These will be available soon in your favorite colors: lavendar, beige, and a special paisley.

Clearly marked on all of the padded exterior surfaces "THIS IS NOT A BOMB," these containers are sure to supply the needs of the Geocaching community well into this century.

The lids and closures will be re-designed with no pinch points for body parts to catch in - easily opened with a flip of even the limpest wrist.

Yes, friends, these new Geoboxes® are the answer to your cache container dreams. No more must you be satisfied with polyethylene (you know, a dinosaur gave its life so you could have that tupperware (aka SUV-ware)). Our Geoboxes® are an entirely dinosaur-free product. No, we can't tell you what they are made of, but it is definitely not dinosaurs.

icon_rolleyes.gif

I for one am glad that Mr. Snazz (i think that is his real name) has brought this important issue to our mutual attention. And this is why i have decided to market a line of fully-demilitarized ammo boxes for the sensitivie geocacher. These will be available soon in your favorite colors: lavendar, beige, and a special paisley.

Clearly marked on all of the padded exterior surfaces "THIS IS NOT A BOMB," these containers are sure to supply the needs of the Geocaching community well into this century.

The lids and closures will be re-designed with no pinch points for body parts to catch in - easily opened with a flip of even the limpest wrist.

Yes, friends, these new Geoboxes® are the answer to your cache container dreams. No more must you be satisfied with polyethylene (you know, a dinosaur gave its life so you could have that tupperware (aka SUV-ware)). Our Geoboxes® are an entirely dinosaur-free product. No, we can't tell you what they are made of, but it is definitely not dinosaurs.

icon_rolleyes.gif