Ammo boxes should be banned

Mr. Snazz

Ammo boxes can easily be mistaken as terrorist bombs, etc. They can get rusty and cut your fingers up, and they smell funny sometimes, I think the smell might be toxic or something. This one time a kid found an ammo box and decided to use ammo for other purposes, and this is no good! I also hear that sometimes potheads use ammoboxes to store their weed and that isn't good either because somebody might put weed in a geocache and then kids could also find that, which would be bad because the kids should be out finding regular geocaches, the good kind in tupperware, because those are nice.

We don'd need stinky metal boxes stinking up the game, let's stick with tupperware, its what works and it doesn't leak at all.

I move for MrSnazz to be banned from the forums. He has shown himself to be a bad person in general. Further more, I move that people must be charter members to be able to even post on the forums! Yeah! On top of that, you should have to pay $5/thread for read privilages to these forums. FURTHER MORE, You should have to send in all responses to thread topics to Groundspeak in writing within 72 hours of posting for verification or your response should be deleted!

Doug

[This message was edited by dthigpen on November 03, 2002 at 05:11 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Freelens:

My first cache will be an ammo can. But after reading this post , I think I'll put my stuff in a tupperware first then put it in the can. Or maybe get a really big tupperware to put the can in...I can't decide which.

If anyone is interested, I sell Tupperware.

-------------------------------------

Becky Davis

San Jose, CA

How many geocachers can you fit into an ammo box?

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Snazz:

I'm serious about this, I stubbed my toe on an ammo can and it made me decide to only use tupperware.

If you click on the link, it goes right to his web page selling Tupperware. Clearly, this guy is a troll who is preying upon all of our fears only to increase his downline. I heard about a group of Nigerians who did this sort of thing to another group and took a little old lady for a lot of money. He needs to be stopped. I did a search and Mr.Snazz is not even his real name!!!

stealyourcache.gif Half my life is spent explaining to Christians why I am a deadhead. The other half is spent explaining to deadheads why I am a Christian. -Dru Morgan

quote:
Originally posted by beckerbuns:

If anyone is interested, I sell Tupperware.

PARTY AT BECK'S!!! icon_razz.gif

Seriously, though, if anyone wants to see what an ammo can looks like after three months under Louisiana floodwaters, check out Buck8Point's log and pictures from his Down Da Bayou Cache. (Note: this isn't a reply to a troll; this is an attempted thread-coup. icon_wink.gif)

quote:
399522_600.jpg

Pic05

The cache container after 3 months under water.

Not only is MrSnazz not a real name it is a dumb one too. As a matter of fact I think you are dumb Mr.Snazz with a dumb idea about ammo boxes. I have a cache placed in a ammo box. Its umc's 1st cache which is probably one of the finer ammo box caches. Selling tupperware aye. You know what you can do with your dumb tupperware, you can take it and shove it up your dumb doot hole you dumb troll. Nothing worse than a dumb tupperware pushing troll who cries the first time he stubbs his dumb toe on a ammo box. Now take your dumb trolling tupperware full of doots and beat it you dummy.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Coming Around, New Owner Of a Garmin GPS V Received on 10-03-02

Yeah, but this one time - at Band camp, we had a kid who put some food in a tupperware geocache container, and a bear came (or maybe Buck8Point, I can't remember) and found it (although his GPSr said the coordinates were 50 feet off). Anyway, the bear came on into camp and they had to shoot it. And they killed it. And it died. A shame too, because it's toe was hurting from stubbing it on an ammo box cache.

Meanwhile, I've heard from reliable sources that Mr. Snazz slumbers in bed and has been known to hesitate at corners. Why, I've even heard that on more than one occasion, he has left a log in someone else's cache!

Snazz, this one may not wind up being a "top 10 most amusing thread", but it's fun so far.

Visit the Mississippi Geocaching Forum at

http://pub98.ezboard.com/bgeocachingms

[This message was edited by pater47 on November 03, 2002 at 06:05 PM.]

[This message was edited by pater47 on November 03, 2002 at 06:07 PM.]

You can get the dadgum lids on right of off some times...Ammo boxes rule there indestructable man have had on outside now for years.. little rusted but hey thats what Rust paint is for... Too paint Bright Pink so the near sighted can see them before the stub the Little toe...Besides You should be in the proper foot ware cacheing... sandles are not proper footware

newbie.gif

iamwithstupid.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Ms. Snazz:

I also hear that sometimes potheads use ammoboxes to store their weed and that isn't good either...

No way, all the potheads would use virgin tupperware. think about it, if you want to protect your all so important stash are you going to keep it in airtight waterproof plastic? or a rusty disicent(sp?) smelling, bomb look alike?? icon_razz.gif

[This message was edited by welch on November 03, 2002 at 06:38 PM.]

icon_eek.gifWell while we're at it, we should also bann GPS unit's whil hiking, all they do is distract people from walking and then one wonders why there are so many rear enders and toe stumpers.

Ban de darn things and people wil finally get their eyes back on track..or uuhhhh icon_confused.gif

Well what ever...... icon_mad.gif

So Long grinchtv.gif Eagleflyby

quote:
Originally posted by eagleflyby:

icon_eek.gifWell while we're at it, we should also bann GPS unit's whil hiking, all they do is distract people from walking and then one wonders why there are so many rear enders and toe stumpers.

Ban de darn things and people wil finally get their eyes back on track..or uuhhhh icon_confused.gif

Well what ever...... icon_mad.gif

So Long http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/new/grinchtv.gif Eagleflyby

Here Here! I agree completely, GPS units are a major distraction to hiking! Even more so, they are a nusance to National Parks! People are using them in National Parks to go off trail and see beautiful places that aren't SUPPOSE TO BE ACCESSED by MAN! I call for a ban on all GPS devices in national parks!

Doug

I agree that animal boxes are a bad idea. Each animal box used as a cache container is one less that can be a home to an animal. Animals need homes too, and sometimes - when there isn't enough twigs and bits of bark around - the best they can do is one of these boxes. I also vote to ban the use of animal boxes as cache containers ...regardless of their colour.

And I mean it.

Really.

No kidding.

I am NOT joking.

STOP giggling.

This is SERIOUS dadgum it.

Think of the poor boxless animals for cryin' out loud!

quote:
Originally posted by Cache Canucks:

I agree that animal boxes are a bad idea. Each animal box used as a cache container is one less that can be a home to an animal. Animals need homes too, and sometimes - when there isn't enough twigs and bits of bark around - the best they can do is one of these boxes. I also vote 'No' to using animal boxes as cache containers ...regardless of their colour.

And I mean it. Really.

No kidding.

Yes, animal boxers are a really bad idea. They usually don't fit right. Briefs are much better.

Yes, I do sell tupperware on my website. I do this because I want to provide people with the BEST cache containers at low, low prices.

Ammo cans are simply wrong. All arguments in favor of ammo cans are invalid, because ammo cans are a product of violence. Ammo isn't used to feed little squirrels, or help old ladies dye their hair. Ammo is used to kill. Period.

i have seen numerous tuperware/plastic or rubbermaid containers that have cracked and leaked water into a cache ruining it, or ones that have been nawed on or almost eaten by animals, i have yet to see an animal chew on an ammo can or an ammo can crack! i hate plastic cache boxes,

WOULD YOU RATHER SEE US USE GLASS CONTAINERS INSTEAD OF AMMO CANS MR SNAZZ??????????

So Kevin.... are you saying that you would rather see those innocent, hungry forest animals STARVE?? What's wrong with getting a little roughage from a Tupperware container?

I would rant more, but I need to go hug a tree.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Please attend our seminar, "Geocaching for Time Travelers," which will be held two weeks ago.

quote:
Originally posted by kevin917z:

WOULD YOU RATHER SEE US USE GLASS CONTAINERS INSTEAD OF AMMO CANS MR SNAZZ??????????

Yes! Absolutely! Glass has many benefits. It lets us see outdoors, it holds our beverages, helps us see clearly, and it makes for a nifty baking dish. Why wouldn't it also make for a wonderful cache container?

quote:

"...i have seen numerous tuperware/plastic or rubbermaid containers...ones that have been nawed on or almost eaten by animals..."

Ahh Haa!!!

There!!! Y'see...?!? I told ya'!!! Didn't I just tell ya'...??!?

Boxless animals frustrated by their homelessness!!! This wouldn't happen if people weren't using animal boxes as cache containers!!!

BAN the animal boxes!!! BAN the animal boxes!!!

Society for the Abolition of Ammo Boxes

We will be hosting our eighth try next weekend of our ammo box burning. Bring your ammo boxes and add them to our pile. Ammo boxes must be stopped! They are a Communist plot! And besides. everyone knows that ammo boxes interfere with GPS satellite reception - especially if they contain red meat.

quote:

maybe someone can put a cache in a large gallon glass jug suspended by a rope, so that it must be broken to access it, maybe mr snazz can try this by throwing a brick directly up into the air above him!

i dont think many terrorists would use an ammo can for a bomb, its too thin to make very good shrapnel, but if you had a large can like 20mm or bigger it might make a pretty big crater if filled with explosives, the terrorists might store ammo and explosives in the cans, but i seriously doublt it would be used for a bomb unless geocachers suddenly became targets from amish terrorists hiding caches in ammo cans or(who would probably use wooden ammo BOXES)since gps is technology and internet is the devil?(dont quote me on that im not amish)

I had switched to plastic after I heard the terrible story about somebody losing a toe to an ammo box. Then somebody found my plastic box, filled it with left-over hamburger helper and put it in their fridge. Now I just carve my address on a tree at the cache coordinates and have the actual cache contents layed out in my livingroom.

smiles_63.gif ---Real men cache in shorts.

Mr. Snazz's topic should be titled

"The Mythification of Ammo Boxes" or

"How I Learned to Stop Worrying About Metal and Love Tupperware"

Originally posted by Mr. Snazz:

Myth:

Ammo boxes can easily be mistaken as terrorist bombs, etc.

Fact:

Not one report to date has shown this to be true.

Myth:

They can get rusty and cut your fingers up, and they smell funny sometimes, I think the smell might be toxic or something.

Fact:

Of the 40 odd ammo boxes I have visited, none were rusty. My fingers are just fine after opening all 40 of them. Smell? Never got a hint of a foul odor. Toxic? Maybe only if I am so darn hungry that I eat one!

Myth:

I also hear that sometimes potheads use ammo boxes to store their weed..

Fact:

A good lesson to learn: Much of what you hear may be false. I have heard of no reports of so-called potheads buying up ammo boxes, nor stealing them. Tupperware and baggies work just fine as you can see on any newscast drug bust.

Myth:

the kids should be out finding regular geocaches, the good kind in tupperware, because those are nice.

Fact:

What's nice for one is naughty for another.

Myth:

let's stick with tupperware, its what works and it doesn't leak at all.

Fact:

In Tahoe where winters pile up snow and ice, the pressure and movement of ice and snow due to temperature fluctuations can harder plastic until it cracks. Furthermore, ice/snow pressure and movement can and has easily popped tupperward lids off.

I was going to read a few Greek myths tonight, but Mr. Snazz gave me all I need for quite awhile.

David Berne

My point is, there are more and more people joining this sport. If we were all use ammo boxes where would they come from? Obviously someone somewhere would need to use the ammo in them to free them up for caching. This means everytime you buy an ammo box, someone probably dies. If you use tupperware all that happens is that your leftovers get a little crunchy. I don't know about you but I can live with that.

USE TUPPERWARE, SAVE A LIFE

icon_frown.gif

Oh yeah and peace man.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

quote:
Originally posted by freelens/mosie:

My point is, there are more and more people joining this sport. If we were all use ammo boxes where would they come from? Obviously someone somewhere would need to use the ammo in them to free them up for caching. This means everytime you buy an ammo box, someone probably dies. If you use tupperware all that happens is that your leftovers get a little crunchy. I don't know about you but I can live with that.

_USE TUPPERWARE, SAVE A LIFE_

icon_frown.gif

Oh yeah and peace man.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Breaks my heart to read logic like this from a grown adult.

That has got to be one of the stupidest arguments I have ever read. Beyond asinine and way beyond logical. Knee jerk granola crunching rhetoric.

Hey how about this! Use an ammo box and save a life! Because every ammo box spent is done by decent law abiding men, women and law enforcement that are learning how to protect their family and loved ones with the proper and judicious use of firearms.

Besides, last I remember, ammo sold to citizenry is in cardboard boxes not metal ammo cans. More of a military thing actually...

DirtRunner.

Your not first...But you could be next.

The truth is that ammo boxes and Tupperware are BOTH bad. Ammo boxes for the reasons stated by Mr. Snazz, Freelens/Mosie and others and Tupperware because it's a non-biodegradable, petroleum based product that is bad for the environment.

The perfect cache container is one that is naturally camoflaged, can be made to fit in almost any hiding spot, can expand as the cache grows (or contract as it shrinks), is made from renewable resources and is cheap. The paper grocery bag.

All other cache containers are inherently evil.

Geez, I can't believe all the people who are taking Mr. Snazz's post and some responses seriously!

"You can't make a man by standing a sheep on its hind legs, but by standing a flock of sheep in that position, you can make a crowd of men" -Max Beerbohm