Lunchtime Cache Frenzy

Criminal

quote:
Originally posted by Criminal:

Question: How many use (or have used)their lunch hour to dash out and pick up a cache? This would include caches with or without logbooks, with or without pens, etc. I was thinking of doing that at lunch today as there are two relatively new ones nearby.

EDIT: Text.

http://fp1.centurytel.net/Criminal_Page/

Looks like the Logbook issue is on everybodys mind! lol

JetSkier

I've run out of caches that are close enough, except for a virtual a couple of miles away. And there weren't that many to begin with. But I have done some, mostly when I was just starting out. I spent several afternoons sitting at my desk wearing damp, burr-encrusted Dockers.

Flat_MiGeo_B88.gif

Mein Vater war ein Wandersmann, und ich hab' auch im Blut

quote:
Originally posted by bitbrain:

Lunchtime caching is great 'cause people spend the afternoon wondering why you have twigs in your hair & mud on your shoes. icon_razz.gif

That is so funny and so true.

I save the ones that are close to my office for just that. I have even had a cell phone call or two while doing them! "Uh, Mr. mtn-man, you sound a little out of breath?" I think it is fun to do them at lunch.

With my new job I travel around West TN alot. I cover Everything in West TN West of the TN river, and down to Tupleo, MS. So when I'm fixing to head out to a far out location. I check the maps to see if theres a cache on the way. As long as the area is not to muddy I'm ok.

I have come back with some mud on my slacks and go a couple of weird looks icon_confused.gif but my closest coworker is about 3 hours away. (I'm a contractor for Bellsouth) I've done caches as far out as 100 miles from my house while traveling to a Service call. icon_biggrin.gif

God I love my job!!! icon_cool.gif

quote:
Originally posted by bitbrain:

Lunchtime caching is great 'cause people spend the afternoon wondering why you have twigs in your hair & mud on your shoes. icon_razz.gif

Really get them wondering, take along a coworker of the opposite sex, and don't tell anyone what you were REALLY doing.... icon_cool.gif

I'm lost. I've gone to find myself. If I should happen to get back before I return, please ask me to wait.

I really can't since I own and manage a restaurant that does most of it's business at lunchtime. But my gear is always in the truck so I can stop on the way home, or on the way to Sam's Club. And oh yeah, there was that trip to Myrtle Beach for a food show when I detoured off the interstate on the way down and back to bag a few. Addiction , nah just really interested in what's in those little boxes. icon_biggrin.gif

These changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes;

Nothing remains quite the same.

Through all of the islands and all of the highlands,

If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane