Don't try this at home

Holy Cow, what an adventure. That guy should have let you go back the way you came though. Not very neighborly like. Thanks for sharing. Next time Free, don't forget your water. And bring a phone. Famous last words, like I always have my phone with me. But after spider bite threads and Spider island I'm thinking a phone all the time is a great idea. As long as the other people have a phone too! Last night we went caching in Central Park and we were waiting for Moapr and SunCrush. They had our numbers but did not have a cell. It wasn't until after we already found two caches that we were able to hook up with them and that was just by luck, and geo-genius. Mopar was thinking just what I was thinking - that we had gotten the head start, already did the closest and they should meet us towards the third closest cache which is exactly where we ran into them. All in all another great caching adventure too. Glad you made it Freelens! And glad you have such a good friend in SeaTrout, with a name like that he's got to be good.

Cache you later,

Planet

So many caches, so little time.

Ahhhhh.... HAM RADIO. Instant comms with the world from a radio clipped to your belt, and no cell fees.

Glad you didn't become gator bait!

Mike. Desert_Warrior (aka KD9KC).

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

They are not assault weapons anymore... they are HOMELAND DEFENSE WEAPONS!

That is an incredible story. I am glad both Freelens and Seatrout took the time to write everything into the notes. It is a story worth telling. At least I'm not the only one that has these misadventures. Though the stroy of us running into the bear on our first day caching still gets people's attention. And My recent blackout while caching though embarassing is something I thought should have been logged. Assuming that a cache is short or easy enough not to require taking water with you is a bad idea.

Eeyore

I'm one sat short of triangulation.

The true indication that I am addicted to this activity is that after all that, I plan on going back soon. It did cause me to take pause to learn that a 12 year old boy was killed by a gator in Florida this week. Three boys were swimming next to a Marina when they saw a gator. Two of the boys got out but the 3rd one wouldn't come out. This is a quote from the paper.

"Since 1948, there have been 325 documented alligator attacks on humans in Florida, including 12 fatal attacks, according to the Conservation Commission. This was the first ever recorded in Lake County.

It happened as dangerous encounters with alligators are escalating with the end of mating season and the beginning of summer's torrential rain showers. Although alligators rarely attack humans, authorities said they are dealing with more complaints because so many of the reptiles are turning up around rain-bloated retention ponds, ditches and canals.

On Sunday, an 800-pound alligator killed a 120-pound dog along the Little Wekiva River in Altamonte Springs.

Wisdom comes with age... but sometimes age comes alone.