Login problems. Fixed?

These login problems are driving me crazy! Somebody's problem may have been fixed on th 23rd but that is when the started for me. I'm having to enter my name/password a dozen or more times a day.

Yes, I've checked 'remember me', yes I've got cookies enabled. I'm using IE6 with latest updates.

Example: I just added a reply to a forum and that went OK. When the forum page was redisplayed I realised I need to edit it. I click on edit, but the window that opened was the Login to 'Geocaching.com' window!

I stay logged in to the cache pages, but I have to log into the forums every session.

And I can't log into the forums, from the forums, I have to go to the home page, log out, then log in (I always tick the 2 checkboxes below the login). Been that way for days now.

If trees could scream, would we still cut them down?

Well, maybe if they screamed all the time, for no reason.

Click here for my Geocaching pictures and Here (newest)

I had a bunch of problems a week ago, but now things are back to normal (almost). I still, occasionally, get the "log in" routine for no apparent reason.

==============="If it feels good...do it"================

**(the other 9 out of 10 voices in my head say: "Don't do it.")**

Ditto, ditto... seems we're all low on batteries this week!

quote:
Originally posted by Daisy&me:

These login problems are driving me crazy! Somebody's problem may have been fixed on th 23rd but that is when the started for me. I'm having to enter my name/password a dozen or more times a day.

Yes, I've checked 'remember me', yes I've got cookies enabled. I'm using IE6 with latest updates.

Example: I just added a reply to a forum and that went OK. When the forum page was redisplayed I realised I need to edit it. I click on edit, but the window that opened was the Login to 'Geocaching.com' window!

Joel (joefrog)

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for ye are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade Knight:

I'm ok with the main pages.

The forums I now have to click "Login" once to get it's attention. Then a second time for it to do anything.

After the second time I can log in. It never remembers either. Those fun filled care free days for forum fun are over.

I've had to log in 6 times in less than an hour. I had no log in problems until yesterday. what happened?

icon_mad.gifFormer EarthNOlink user!!!!!!!!! icon_mad.gif

icon_biggrin.gifTake a chance or you'll never know. Let your spirits soar! icon_wink.gif

quote:
Originally posted by martmann:

I stay logged in to the cache pages, but I have to log into the forums every session.

And I can't log into the forums, from the forums, I have to go to the home page, log out, then log in (I always tick the 2 checkboxes below the login). Been that way for days now.

Same situation here.

Smile, make others wonder what you're up to!!!