Geocaching Fantasy Football Smack Talk

clearpath

Well, well, well Pika Cacher. How does it feel to get your arse handed to you? Heheheheh oh God stop, I can't laugh anymore or my sides are going to bust. Going into Monday night football you had me by 14 points, then the Tampa Bay DEFENSE came out onto the field to "collect rent". (One of Warren Sapp's quotes, I love that guy). Getting beat sucks, but getting beat by 3 measlie points really really sucks and on top of that, you would have killed anyone else in our league had you played them instead. Oh the horror, hehehehehehe. Okay, I'll wind down a bit. But when I beat someone, I rub it in till it leaves a stain. Because, after all, this is football. Cheesehead, your next.

quote:
Originally posted by carleenp:

I lost in just about the same manner in several other leagues too. Of course I also won my share.

Sounds like you are a fantasy sports addict. This year I'm in only (2) football leagues. However, I'm also playing in (4) NASCAR leagues and (1) baseball. I usaully go into convulsions in January when all this goes away for a couple of months.

quote:
Sounds like you are a fantasy sports addict. This year I'm in only (2) football leagues. However, I'm also playing in (4) NASCAR leagues and (1) baseball. I usaully go into convulsions in January when all this goes away for a couple of months.

I have 11 football leagues and 8 baseball. I also did golf and play all the free games. I'm going to do basketball this year too, but less baseball next year.

pokeanim3.gif

Pika Cacher, how do we post a message on our football website? I clicked on the 'Bulletin Board' but all I can do is view previous posts and edit the last one I posted. Am I missing something (besides a few brain cells)? I was hoping to post a little smack and get some of the other Geocaching football owners stirred up a bit.

The league boards in ESPN only allow you to edit the last post. What I do when I want my last post to stand longer is just add more at the front of it when editing. Note that it also limits you to a certain amount of words. You can always use the league email function for smack talk too. that has its own issue in that people who want to respond to all have to go to the page and send their email!

I suggest that someone send a league email asking that everyone respond on the board with their email addresses. Then we can all use those outside espn for league email. I could do it, but couldn't promise to do so until mid next week.

pokeanim3.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Webfoot:

There's always hockey and basketball.

Come on !!! You know there is only football and everything else is just a variation. Seriously, I tried fantasy hockey a couple of years ago but only knew a few players in the whole league (Hull and Fedarov). Needless to say I got beat like drum. There is not much hockey in KC but I do love the game and have started to follow it closer since my kids have taken up street hockey.

Getting beat by 1 point sucks even worse.

I'll just take it out on someone else this week. icon_wink.gif

Let's see I'm in 8 various football leagues at this point (went 5-3 which I hope to improve on this week). Also finishing up 2 baseball leagues (not sure I'll do that again though - way too long and involved for me)

Success is not measured by the position one has reached in life, rather by the obstacles overcome while trying to succeed.

- Booker T. Washington

quote:
Originally posted by clearpath:

Come on !!! You know there is only football and everything else is just a variation. Seriously, I tried fantasy hockey a couple of years ago but only knew a few players in the whole league (Hull and Fedarov). Needless to say I got beat like drum. There is not much hockey in KC but I do love the game and have started to follow it closer since my kids have taken up street hockey.

OK. I'll concede the point on hockey. I did hockey last year and was fortunate enough to be in the lower tiered finals where I got smacked around by our commissioner who's a die hard hockey fan.

I usually only do one hockey and one basketball to tide me over between football and baseball. I'm in four football leagues, went 1-3 this past week, but two of those losses were to the top scoring team and I had about the third best scores for the league, so I'll take that as it will get better next week. That is unless I end up playing the high scoring team again this week.

The fourth team - eh. We don't talk about that one. icon_eek.gif

Webfoot

Veni...Vidi...Vicachi.

I came...I saw...I geocached.

sigavatar.gif

quote:
Originally posted by bigcall:

I'll just take it out on someone else this week. icon_wink.gif

So Bigcall, how do you decide whether to start Farve or Brad Johnson? I guess you could look and see which defense they have to face? For me, that would be a tough year long struggle on which one of those QBs gets the start each week.

It's all matchups at this point. I did it to myself though by waiting a while to take a QB. I went RB heavy since I was burned last year with injuries and just plain lousy performances with grabbing a QB high (can you say Warner and A-Train) and waiting on the RBs. We'll see how it works out.

What killed me last week was picking Rice over Chad Johnson - oh well.

Success is not measured by the position one has reached in life, rather by the obstacles overcome while trying to succeed.

- Booker T. Washington