Another Underwater 5/5 Geocache now online!

markusby

For those in the Florida region or planning to visit, I've just put up the Only the Strong Survive Cache - an underwater cache for those who don't SCUBA dive or have a boat. For more information on this cache, visit the Cache section of my homepage.

THe only other 5/5 cache that I know of in FLorida other than the moving car cache is THe Rapture of the Deep, by THe Artful Dodger - hopefully I will get a chance to do this one soon! Oh... Sorry if my page is not as cool as Artful's... he's got an awesome one!

Good luck to all in your adventurers....

[This message was edited by markusby on April 23, 2002 at 01:44 PM.]

That rapture link goes to your cache, not the rapture cache. I'm thinking about doing an underwater one in the Keys!

As far as snorkeling down 25 feet after swimming that far offshore. That is definitely not for the novice. I would only attempt this one with a tank.

"Indecision may or may not be my problem"----J. Buffett

[This message was edited by rghermes on April 23, 2002 at 11:57 AM.]

Thanks for letting me know that link was goofed up. It's people like you that keep me in line, heh heh. I would LOVE to have one I could do in the keys... I really like the free diving ideas... people are free to do my cache with OR without a tank. I made it so anyone can do it, however. Yes, it is a little difficult. THat's why I rated it a 5/5. If they use tanks, I would rate it as a 3.5/3.5. And it's only 25' at high tide, 18 at low. icon_wink.gif

Everyone says I underrate my caches - the GPSfreakz told me to raise my Woodland Stash Cache from a 2/2 to a 3.5/3.5 - I listned to them because they have like 100+ caches logged. I wanted this one to be tough because I don't think there are enough tough caches around.

While the swim is challenging, I've advised to take a dive flag and a buddy - it would be foolish not to do both, though when I planted it, I did so without a flag - I could not carry a slab of cement AND a dive flag... and I did the swim without tanks.

My buddy (little brother) is a decent swimmer but was carrying the marker portion. Yes, it was not too smart, but it was in Geocaching's best interests. icon_razz.gif

Anyway, I hope you give my cache a try! icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for letting me know that link was goofed up. It's people like you that keep me in line, heh heh. I would LOVE to have one I could do in the keys... I really like the free diving ideas... people are free to do my cache with OR without a tank. I made it so anyone can do it, however. Yes, it is a little difficult. THat's why I rated it a 5/5. If they use tanks, I would rate it as a 3.5/3.5. And it's only 25' at high tide, 18 at low. icon_wink.gif

Everyone says I underrate my caches - the GPSfreakz told me to raise my Woodland Stash Cache from a 2/2 to a 3.5/3.5 - I listned to them because they have like 100+ caches logged. I wanted this one to be tough because I don't think there are enough tough caches around.

While the swim is challenging, I've advised to take a dive flag and a buddy - it would be foolish not to do both, though when I planted it, I did so without a flag - I could not carry a slab of cement AND a dive flag... and I did the swim without tanks.

My buddy (little brother) is a decent swimmer but was carrying the marker portion. Yes, it was not too smart, but it was in Geocaching's best interests. icon_razz.gif

Anyway, I hope you give my cache a try! icon_biggrin.gif