Power/Data Cable

First RTFM!

Next. If your going to ask us question please give us more information. Its tuff for us to help you with out more information.

If you have a PC then you need to hook to one of the computer's serial ports. If you have a Mac then you will have to do a bit more work if it is possible at all. I do not use Macs very much.

More info will help

mcb

gpsyote.jpg

GPS-Yote

What kind of computer? If it's PC based there should be a 9-pin male connection on the back, labeled COM1 or COM2. Either of those should do fine.

If it's MAC you will need a USB to serial converter. The same may apply if you have a laptop.

geosign.gif

quote:
Originally posted by mcb:

First RTFM!

Next. If your going to ask us question please give us more information. Its tuff for us to help you with out more information.

If you have a PC then you need to hook to one of the computer's serial ports. If you have a Mac then you will have to do a bit more work if it is possible at all. I do not use Macs very much.

More info will help

mcb

http://blithe.cwru.edu/gps/gpsyote.jpg

GPS-Yote

What's missing. He has a computer, he has a gps with a model number and a cable to plug to the PC. Sounds like it's all there. Except maybe he has a new comptuer that is missing 'legacy' ports like a serial port in favor of USB only. Can't tell, and some people don't even know how to post the question.

My Garmin manual sure as hell didn't tell me how to hook my GPS to the comptuer. It assumed I'm comptuer literat and knew what the anacronistic serial cable was. I'm wondering why Garmin didn't offer USP support. Though the serial cable would be nice as an option.