Mapsend Help!!

CWL

I like Mapsend and eveything but I have a few complaints. If anyone has a fix please tell me!...

1. I hate having to create regions. They need predefined regions avalible.

I mean all you can do is squares. Sometimes its hard to make the regions line up just right cause if you don't you are either leaving out a little between regions or overlaping using unessarry memory. They need to have the option to use predifined regions like West TN, East TN. Or even Northeast AR and Southeast AR. That way its easier to search for an address or destination too.

2. They need an update site.

Sometimes I'm out of town and using the maps on the GPSr and end up on a street that dead ends but the GPSr says it keeps going or on a street that doesn't even exist on the map. Also when I'm looking for restarunts sometimes the McDs that used to be there isn't there anymore.

If this stuff is out there PLEASE PLEASE tell me where!!

Sorry...it's not out there.

However, if you take the time to make the regions you can store them on your hard drive. It will save you the time of recreating the region and uploading to an SD card reader is much faster.

stunod_sig.gif

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

Yea, I made some regions already and saved them to the HD, but as I said some of the regions overlap or leave out a little between regions. I was really just wondering if someone could share some of their region files that are nicely cut out and labled.

I overlap my regions a wee bit because I figure it's better to have the data twice than not at all...but I don't really think it adds much to the memory requirements unless you overlap a lot. Those boundary lines can be a bit of a PITA on the display sometimes, though.

Max

Often wrong but seldom in doubt