Mapsource CD-ROM Prices

Guest Ethan

What's a good price for Mapsource? I just bought a Garmin eMap and I want to pick up Roads & Recreation, or maybe Metroguide. I see people selling new copies on eBay for about $90 USD. Anyone seen it cheaper?

-Ethan

Picked up a copy of Mapsource Roads & Recreation this weekend. Sure, it's handy, but I really don't think it's worth $90. Especially not when combined with the fact that you've got to buy a memory card for it. Garmin is guilty of price gouging on this one. It's worth more like $30.

-Ethan

Guest ScottJ

I own the R&R CD, and I really feel I got ripped at nearly $100.00. It's this kind of pricing that ENCOURAGES software piracy. I honestly cannot blame people who distribute copies of this thing, the price is so ridiculous.

Scott

Guest remedya

I bought the Mapsource R&R United Kingdom at UKL70 which I thought expensive until I loaded the maps into my GPSIII+ Atlantic. I was amazed with the accuracy in comparison to the built-in maps which are very poor.

However, I can't afford to buy any more CD-ROMs which is a shame.

Guest colorado gps addict

Canoeman,

Microsoft Streets and Trips 2001 (which includes Pocket Streets for the Pocket PC) works fine with my Emap. The disadvantage is that it just shows you where you are (no tracks). I have looked at all the different map software including MapSource and find that the most accurate street data are those that get it from Navtech. That includes MapQuest and Microsoft Streets. Too bad Garmin doesn't use this data.

Guest johnvale

quote:
Originally posted by Ethan:

Yeah, yesterday morning I was standing in a parking lot in Boston, and my eMap base map showed me smack in the middle of the Charles River!

-Ethan

Hi Ethan:

The MetroGuide USA that I download into my eMap is very accurate. I can walk the streets in my neighborhood and the eMap tracks the detailed street map perfectly. However, the position data on the computer map is very different from the position data indicated by the eMap. See my new topic post.

John