Does something like this exist?

I always download a long list of caches using EasyGPS and then spend a great deal of time going down the list and renaming the caches from the GHXXXX format or whatever to names which mean something (i.e. the actual name of the cache).

I would LOVE to be able to simply swap out the comments field which has the cache name with the field the contains the GHXXXX type names. IN other words I wish EasyGPS (or some other program/utility) would automate this tedious process.

I've heard GeoBuddy does this but for the life of me I can't figure out how it's done.

Any ideas?

Jolly R. Blackburn

http://kenzerco.com

quote:
Originally posted by Jolly B Good:

I would LOVE to be able to simply swap out the comments field which has the cache name with the field the contains the GHXXXX type names. IN other words I wish EasyGPS (or some other program/utility) would automate this tedious process.

I outlined a trick for doing this just last week. Yeah, it's a bit deceiving that the answer to a question about EasyGPS is in a thread titled "Geobuddy", but 'dems da breaks.

See the thread here: http://opentopic.Groundspeak.com/0/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=1750973553&f=5740990093&m=8310996525&r=5830914625#5830914625

Thinks guys. This is exactly what I was looking for.

I do have two questions about Geobuddy however...

I tried saving my edited waypoint file as a mapsource waypoint file but Mapsource won't open it. Am I doig something wrong?

Also, is there a way to globally replaced the waypoit icon. I'd like to turh ALL of them into the Geocache icon. I figured out to make the waypoint TYPE all the same but when I open the file in EasyGPS it still shows the simple waypoint icon.

Jolly R. Blackburn

http://kenzerco.com

I don't know if other GPS's have this feature, but on my Meridian, there is a field for "comments" or something like that. When I download waypoints for GC.com, the cache name (minus vowels) is in the comments fields, which helps me figure out what cache it is.

Jamie

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Z:

I don't know if other GPS's have this feature, but on my Meridian, there is a field for "comments" or something like that. When I download waypoints for GC.com, the cache name (minus vowels) is in the comments fields, which helps me figure out what cache it is.

Jamie

I used to get that on my GPS 12 but then one day a date started showing up in that space.

Mike

Never forget, It's just a game.