Mapsend Streets and Destinations Canada

petestoy

Hi everybody I am new to this forum and have a few questions. I recently borrowed a Garmin Etrex Vista from a freind before I purchase one and have also played with the Magellan Meridian GPS. I prefer the meridian over the garmin but I am not sure how well the canadian database is. Are their any people out there withis database and how do you like it compared to the garmin? I am more interested in the lakes and streams and small country roads. Thanks in advance Pete.

Prior to the past weekend I downloaded most of Southern Vancouver Island from Mapsend Canada onto my Sportrak Map. I do not have a Garmin to compare it to but I was quite impressed with the road data. It included many of the logging roads that traverse our terrain. They seemed right-on from what little use I put it to in the last few days. Label streets were great. Coastal features seemed accurate. Ponds and Lakes were fairly close. Rivers I'm not to sure on. Time will tell.