Using GPS with PDA? post here

Guest topografix

Guest rivercacher

I have a Compaq iPaq 3765 that I occasionally connect to my Garmin eTrex Venture via a custom cable that I bought from gnhovis@yahoo.com for $22.50. It works great!

Right now, I'm using Pocket Streets, but am eagerly awaiting the Pocket PC software from TopoGrafix, as I need topo maps on the iPaq more than I need streets.

I'm using a RhinoSkin case that holds the iPaq securely on one side (zips open like a butterfly) and the eTrex on the other side. There is room for extra batteries, the cable, a small memo book, a pen, and even small cache trinkets.

http://www.rhinoskin.com/perl-bin/safe-shop?std-93-13

------------------

W. Scott Smith

Lynchburg, Virga.

Guest Ianic

Using Jornada540, Mag315 with Pocket Streets and either OziExplorerCe or MemoryMap. I am evaluating these two softwares. The latest is more interesting, but it's a little too expansive for em and it doesn't download or upload to anything that is not Garmin.

Ianic

Handspring Visor Delux

Magellan GPS Companion

Connected via Handspring Slot

Very cumbersome and delicate to use. Insainly long initialization wait after every startup. Even when connected and turned off, unit still eats Handspring power.

Imbedded GPS Companion and Map Companion software. Apps don't transfer coordinates with other applications.

Use only as backup to verify Coordinates.