My cache days are over, etrex basic is dead, help!!!!

Guest leskowitz

Guest leskowitz

I dropped my lifeline and it has no pulse. I dropped my eTrex about 2 feet of the ground on a tile floor. I thought to myself, No big deal it is tuff yellow little guy. Went to turn it on and it doesn't work. Help!!! The sad thing is the coordinates for a cache a place 200 miles away was in there. I guess it will be a 5/5 level one.

I guess I broke the crystal in there. I bought it 2 months ago and toss the receipt. Any advice to getting it fixed or a new one???? Thanks

Garmin has an excellent reputation for customer service. If you registered your machine at the Garmin web site, your receipt would be totally unnecessary. Even without it, I'd contact them either by email or by phone. Perhaps the serial number has a clue as to the mfg. date and they may be able to determine if it is still in warranty. I've heard of a very wonderful and lenient repair policy at Garmin. Fortunately I have never had to use it.

Guest WaylandersMA

call them:1-800-800-1020

If you bought it two months ago, tell them you bought it two months ago. If you stick it in a FEDEX package you will get it back in ten days.

Worked for me. (Except I said "I think I got it at least 14 months ago" and Garmin said, "close enough".

The only hard part is waiting on hold to get a real person. Worth the wait. Forget email.