Magellan Meridian power-on

Perhaps everyone else has already figured this out. When you press the PWR button, you get a Magellan splash screen for a few seconds, then a Woodall's copyright screen for a few seconds, then the lawyer screen which requires you to press ENTER to continue. Waiting through the first two screens was a pain. I found out that you can press ENTER any time during those first two screens, and you'll move to the next. So, PWR then three ENTERs and you're cooking.

Rick WØYGH Belton, MO

N 38°49.370 W 094°33.150 or thereabouts

Fortunately, I figured that out pretty quick, but I find it mildly irritating. In reality, the power-up sequence for the Meridian is PWR-ENTER-ENTER-ENTER. That's too much, I think.

But it is a good tip to pass around.

Any others?

I just learned about the address search yesterday. I love that feature.

Jamie

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Z:

Fortunately, I figured that out pretty quick, but I find it mildly irritating. In reality, the power-up sequence for the Meridian is PWR-ENTER-ENTER-ENTER. That's too much, I think.

UNfortunately, the power off feature is too easy. One bump of the power switch while in your pack for example while you're not looking an the unit power's down (after a four second window, which you're likely to miss).

I haven't decided yet between the Meridian Plat and the 76S, but that's one thing I don't like about the Meridian. Hopefully a future firmware will fix it.