Meridian 4.02 firmware stability

embra

Both here and on the Yahoo Groups Meridian discussion I'm seeing comments of problems and others saying the 4.02 firmware seems fine for them. I'd like to get a better sense of the frequency of problems.

Don't get even - get odd

**** As of 12/30,I see that votes are not tallying. There seems to be a general problem with polls across the forums. So if your vote doesn't register, please try again later.

[This message was edited by embra on December 30, 2002 at 07:50 AM.]

I'm still using 4.02...out of over 30 hours of use since upgrading I had 20 minutes (once incident) where my position fix was all over the place (off by 20-30 miles).

It's been rock solid other than that, no problems with fixes, sensitivity, etc., but that 20 minutes really had me worried.

I really like the new features and am sticking with the update for now.

Good Idea!

i posted recently in the yahoo meridian group a poll like you initiated would be intersting, but i am to unexperienced with groups and do not know the procedure.

I am one of the users having no "real" problems with 4.02; the results will be very intersting and i hope ther will be many voters!

Thanks Ed

quote:
Originally posted by embra:

Do those answers make sense and cover the bases well enough? This is the first poll I've put up here...not sure sure how much I can edit the responses.

Don't get even - get odd

Ed, I saw the mention of a poll possibility in the yahoo group, but as an email receiver of the list I got a little lost when I went looking for it...I'll try again; I think it will be good to see how the results in the two places compare--even though there will be some overlap.

You might want to post a message in the yahoo group that there definetly is a poll up--or perhaps I missed it (there's a *lot* of traffic there).

Late edit - I see you mentioned the possibility (that's where I got the idea, BTW), but a re-read of your message indicates you didn't actually make one. Maybe I'll see how well this poll's construction work, and see if I can put one up there (if no one puts one up in the meantime).

Don't get even - get odd

quote:
Originally posted by Ed2002:

Good Idea!

i posted recently in the yahoo meridian group a poll like you initiated would be intersting, but i am to unexperienced with groups and do not know the procedure.

I am one of the users having no "real" problems with 4.02; the results will be very intersting and i hope ther will be many voters!

Thanks Ed

Originally posted by embra:

Do those answers make sense and cover the bases well enough? This is the first poll I've put up here...not sure sure how much I can edit the responses.

I too have been experiencing problems with v4.02 and would like to view the comments within the Yahoo Group site. Could you please advise me where and how to find it? Thank you

Don't get even - get odd

[/quote

()=iii=<

quote:
Originally posted by ProDocJazz:

I too have been experiencing problems with v4.02 and would like to view the comments within the Yahoo Group site. Could you please advise me where and how to find it? Thank you

You can try this link (I"m not sure if you can get to it without registering or not):

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Magellan_Meridian/

If that doesn't do it for you, go to yahoo.com, select "groups", and search for meridian. It is a very active group with much good information and a fair amount of stuff to wade through. Although it takes some patience, I'm learning a lot about my Meridian and its use.

Don't get even - get odd