Garmin GPS V latest firmware pulled?

Guest JollyBGood

Guest JollyBGood

I'm curious. I went to update the firmware on my GPS V today on Garmin's site and discovered a note saying it had been 'pulled' until further notice.

Wassup with that? I take it there was some kind o fproblem. My firmware is currently 2.01. Any idea how old or new that version is?

JRB

Guest Artful Dodger

quote:
Originally posted by Olar:

. I wonder what is wrong with it?

It picks up extraterrestrial radio transmissions that hasn't been cleared by NASA yet.

Sorry...couldn't resist... icon_biggrin.gif

Guest Artful Dodger

quote:

. I wonder what is wrong with it?

It picks up extraterrestrial radio transmissions that hasn't been cleared by NASA yet.

Guest Geoffrey

Problem is that the Map screen blanks out for a few seconds at a time when doing an Auto-Routing Goto. As you are driving, it will occationally blank-out causing you to miss a turn. Been having this trouble since downloading the latest firmware.

------------------

My GPS Information Page:

http://members.aol.com/geoffr524/myhomepage/howto.html

This page has many links about GPS information for the beginner.

quote:

I'm not surprised! E.T. was using a GPS V long before we earthlings invented the GPS.

quote:

I'm not surprised! E.T. was using a GPS V long before we earthlings invented the GPS.

Is it my imagination looking for problems with the 2.02 upgrade or is map screen resolution less than it was with the original version? I see it in text (street names etc) as well as lines are more zig-zaggy if not completely vertical or horizontal. I haven't seen any of the problems posted above as yet. I've only used the City Select maps as supplied.

Cheers, Olar

Guest ClayJar

quote:

Warning: Strong opinion.

E.T. I'm still befuddled that their mental capacities have degenerated so far as to go back and digitally remove all the guns. I don't know about you, but while the original E.T. actually incited emotions ("Yipe! They're going to shoot him!?! Mom!?!?!"), the remade version doesn't incite anything (Um, maybe, "Get back here or I'll call your mother, you meddling kids!")

Well, there, sorry about the off-topic-ness; it was a reflex action. Now, back on topic: E.T. didn't bring the great Garmin receiver... after all, it's the Garmin GPS V icon_biggrin.gif

Guest ClayJar

quote:

Warning: Strong opinion.

E.T. I'm still befuddled that their mental capacities have degenerated so far as to go back and digitally remove all the guns. I don't know about you, but while the original E.T. actually incited emotions ("Yipe! They're going to shoot him!?! Mom!?!?!"), the remade version doesn't incite anything (Um, maybe, "Get back here or I'll call your mother, you meddling kids!")

Well, there, sorry about the off-topic-ness; it was a reflex action. Now, back on topic: E.T. didn't bring the great Garmin receiver... after all, it's the Garmin GPS V icon_biggrin.gif

So why does everybody think they have to upgrade with the latest and supposedly greatest just for the sake of it icon_smile.gif.

Let new versions settle down and let someone else find the crap first.

Cheers, Kerry.

So why does everybody think they have to upgrade with the latest and supposedly greatest just for the sake of it icon_smile.gif.

Let new versions settle down and let someone else find the crap first.

Cheers, Kerry.