Help with easy gps,activesync,etrexlegend

J. Galt

I've purched my first gps-an etrex legend and I want to use easy gps. I've downloaded the program,i've downloaded cache coordinates. I can't seem to transfer them to the handheld.

I read the manual and it mentioned that I would be asked what Gps unit I had when I installed the program, but I don't recall the question. It may have something to do with active sync for the pocket pc I have.

Anyone have any help for the newbie? icon_confused.gif

paulm1@adelphia.net

I didn't get asked the question the first time I started Easy GPS either. But, here's the a soloution; first, connect your GPS to your computer and turn it on then. Now, go to the "File" menu, and click on "Preferences". On the "My GPS Receivers" tab, click on "Add GPS", and select first "Garmin in the left-hand column, and then "eTrex Legend" in the right, and click "Ok". Now, go back to the "My GPS Receivers" tab and click on settings and select a Com port and baud rate.

By default, most of GPS applications want to put your GPSr on Com 3, but a lot of times that is taken. In my case, HotSync for Palm uses one Com port and my internal modem another, so I have to use Com 4 for my GPS.

Now, test the connection by going to the GPS Menu and selecting the "Test Serial Connection" option and following the prompts. If all is working, it should give you a little message box telling you what model GPS and what firmware version you are running.

Hope that is of some use.