Yet Another GPSmap 76S Question

quote:
Originally posted by rdw:

....Sorry. That was my bad. At least you won't have to wait months like those poor MeriPlat lovers. April 2002

rdw

I know ... boy that's starting to really drag out. Well anyway ... can't wait to get one of those .. may have to wait a little longer than April ... budget ... you know that sort of thing! icon_biggrin.gif

348_1002.gif

quote:
Originally posted by rdw:

....Sorry. That was my bad. At least you won't have to wait months like those poor MeriPlat lovers. April 2002

rdw

I know ... boy that's starting to really drag out. Well anyway ... can't wait to get one of those .. may have to wait a little longer than April ... budget ... you know that sort of thing! icon_biggrin.gif

348_1002.gif

I pre-ordered mine 3 WEEKS AGO!!!!!! Shouldn't have sold my 12map so soon. Using a globalmap 100 in the meantime. I think I mentioned this in another thread. I do not know if it has a course deviation indicator or not. Personally, not really interested in that particular feature. Hawkeye take a peek tn010-00271-00.jpg Sweet huh?

11902_900.gif

icon_rolleyes.gif Never seen such a buncha love-starved-gps hounds! Sheesh!:mad:

Okay yooz crazies icon_razz.gif Let's try this again.

Can anyone tell me if there is going to be a Course Deviation Indicator (where the Pointer Arrow "breaks" and moves from side-to-side, indicating that you're right or left of your course line) is going to be included on the "compass" page of the GPSmap 76S or not?

As the current GPSmap 76 has it, the "compass" page is set up like an Automatic Direction Finder, not a true CDI.

Hawkeye...for your edification icon_smile.gifwww.tvnav.com and www.advancedgps.com are taking pre-orders. April isn't too far away now, man; you can take it! Breathe! In through your nose, out through your mouth, nice and slow, see? That's the way to do it, nice and slow. icon_biggrin.gif

Here's my quote from tvnav.com:

-----------------

The GPSMAP 76S will be $375.00. They are suppose to be available in April. UPS ground

is $10, 3 day select is $13, 2nd day air is $15 and next day air saver is $30. Saturday

next day air is $45. FedEx shipping is available for an additional $10. These prices are

for 48/US shipments only. We are taking pre-orders. When the product arrives the orders

will be filled by date ordered. We will not charge your

credit card until the day your item(s) ship. Please see http://tvnav.com/orderinfo.html

for ordering information or call us toll free at 877-625-3546. Thanks.

Darrel Goheen

GPS@tvnav.com

http://www.tvnav.com/navhome.html

Voice 785-625-3546/FAX 413-383-8800

---------

They're $385 with free ground shipping at advancedgps.com . Shipping is 15 for standard FedEx overnight before by 2pm and $20 Priority overnight by 10am. Either way, you win, I think.

Warm regards,

Firefishe

icon_rolleyes.gif Never seen such a buncha love-starved-gps hounds! Sheesh!icon_wink.gif

Okay yooz crazies icon_razz.gif Let's try this again.

Can anyone tell me if there is going to be a Course Deviation Indicator (where the Pointer Arrow "breaks" and moves from side-to-side, indicating that you're right or left of your course line) is going to be included on the "compass" page of the GPSmap 76S or not?

As the current GPSmap 76 has it, the "compass" page is set up like an Automatic Direction Finder, not a true CDI.

Hawkeye...for your edification icon_smile.gifwww.tvnav.com and www.advancedgps.com are taking pre-orders. April isn't too far away now, man; you can take it! Breathe! In through your nose, out through your mouth, nice and slow, see? That's the way to do it, nice and slow. icon_biggrin.gif

Here's my quote from tvnav.com:

-----------------

The GPSMAP 76S will be $375.00. They are suppose to be available in April. UPS ground

is $10, 3 day select is $13, 2nd day air is $15 and next day air saver is $30. Saturday

next day air is $45. FedEx shipping is available for an additional $10. These prices are

for 48/US shipments only. We are taking pre-orders. When the product arrives the orders

will be filled by date ordered. We will not charge your

credit card until the day your item(s) ship. Please see http://tvnav.com/orderinfo.html

for ordering information or call us toll free at 877-625-3546. Thanks.

Darrel Goheen

GPS@tvnav.com

http://www.tvnav.com/navhome.html

Voice 785-625-3546/FAX 413-383-8800

---------

They're $385 with free ground shipping at advancedgps.com . Shipping is 15 for standard FedEx overnight before by 2pm and $20 Priority overnight by 10am. Either way, you win, I think.

Warm regards,

Firefishe

I e-mailed Garmin and asked if they were still on track for an April release. I was told that

"it should be in stores by the end of April at the latest." I would like to know if anyone has a more accurate answer. I am running out of drool rags. icon_biggrin.gif I just got off the GPS Store Web Site and they are listing a delivery date of April 10th!

I e-mailed Garmin and asked if they were still on track for an April release. I was told that

"it should be in stores by the end of April at the latest." I would like to know if anyone has a more accurate answer. I am running out of drool rags. icon_biggrin.gif I just got off the GPS Store Web Site and they are listing a delivery date of April 10th!

Ordered mine forever ago.... so.... yesterday the ups guy comes walking up to my front door!! With a package in his hand!! dance.gif I'm thinking finally! He didn't have to knock, I had the door open before he got there! While reaching for my pen to sign he ask if I am so and so...and I realize he wants the next house up the road!

cry.gif

I am optomistic ... APR 10th !!

11902_900.gif