Ability to combine MapSend & EasyGPS

I have a Cassiopeia A-21S PDA and I've never thought of using it for downloading maps and waypoints. With that said, I was wondering if MapSend Streets would work on it? The PDA has less than 2MB built-in flash memory and I only have a 64MB Combat Flash Card.

I also want to download EasyGPS onto it and wanted to know how to combine the two of them for use in the field. Is this possible? If so, is there somewhere I can learn how to do this? I appreciate any help!

ZiggyStardust

I seriously doubt you could get MapSend Streets working on it.

What is your use case for wanting these programs on your PDA? Maybe there are alternatives.

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

Actually, I'd like to have both if possible. It just seems like there are only programs for the Palm and not PDA's that use Windows CE. Plus, I'm not very familiar with interchanging info from my desktop or laptop to my PDA. I've only exchanged info from MSWord & Excel. So, any help would be helpful.

ZiggyStardust

Delorme X-Map Handheld Edition will give you the mapping features you want. You can import waypoints into it if you also have Topo 4.0. and use GPSBabel to convert the .loc or .gpx file. According to Delorme's website, the software will run on CE 3.0 or above.

As for cache info, as long as you have an html reader (browser) on your PDA, you can use GPX2HTML. This creates html "web pages" for all the caches, and a nice index.

homer.gif

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand."

quote:
Originally posted by TopoGrafix:

ExpertGPS for PocketPC will be released later this season. I'm not sure if your PDA can be upgraded to PocketPC 2000, though.

--

Dan Foster

TopoGrafix: GPS Software, Waypoints, and Maps

http://www.topografix.com/

Do you have an general date when that will be out? I plan on buy the first program that allows me to upload aerial and topo maps to my PDA with out the need of calibration.

Wyatt W.

The probability of someone watching you is directly proportional to the stupidity of your actions.