Meridian Owners - Once again...

Looks like my Plat on 4.06 is about 10 seconds fast compared to that link.

If you are substantially off, I seem to recall a discussion on the matter where some suggested reinitialization with a clear memory/all. It was believed to be important to enter a fairly accurate time at reinitialization (or at least some thought they had some problem due to being loose in time entry at that point and/or not doing enough clearing of memory entries in their firmware upgrade).

Max

Often wrong but seldom in doubt

1. No

2. 1 to 2 sec slow

3. Platinum

4. 4.02

Part of the difference might be that I believe the time is adjusted when it is sent over the internet to make up for the transmission time. The signal on a slow internet connection going through many servers might be different than someone elses fast connection going through a few servers. Your 159 seconds is way out there.

When watching the seconds click by, I did notice that my time seems to go a normal speed then it will slow down (like the processor is calculating something else), then it will skip a second to adjust to the correct time again.

Hijacking again...bear with us icon_smile.gif

Some retail versions of MapSend Topo are now 4.20; the CD also includes some firmware upgrades that for some unfathomable reason are not on the Magellan site.

However, someone posted 4.06 for the Gold/Plat and 4.03 for the Green/Yellow at the Yahoo Meridian group files section. You have to join to get access to the files section, I think.

Max

Often wrong but seldom in doubt

1. In generall Yes (two times this year, I had a 3-4minutes delay, which cause was unexplained, After "clear all" everything was allright again, this issue was discussed on Yahoo, see Embra's comment)

2. no visual delay to DCF77 (european continent atomic clock time base on LongWave)

3. Gold

4. was Firmware 4.02, Now 4.06, no mistakes seen

quote:

It looks like the hijackers are done with the http://ubbx.Groundspeak.com/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=5726007311&f=7116058331&m=27660315, so I'm re-posting the topic.

O.K. I'll start.

1. No

2. slow by approx 159 seconds.

3. Meridian GPS (the green one)

4. 4.02

I thought all GPS were 13 seconds off because of leap seconds so I posted a question about it. Why do you consider that hijacking?

If you would have stated you were off 159 seconds I never would have asked the question.

1. Yes

2. Within 1 second of WWV 10MHZ station.

3. Meridian GPS (the gold one)

4. 4.02

I forgot to have the GPS in auto daylight savings correction mode so I had to change it manually.

Are you locked on satellites when reading the time? If you are sitting in front of your computer you may be running off of some internal GPS clock instead of getting the clock data from the satellites.