GPS shutting off

I was biking yesterday around White Rock Lake in Dallas with my Garmin Venture on my handle bars. I noticed going over the wood bridges (which are quite the bone shakers) my GPS would shut off.

Do I have a problem? or are they just not good with a lot of vibration?

thanks

~Fuz

A couple of weeks ago I was having the same problem with my GPS V. Every time it slightly bounced in its holder it turned off. I was fixing to return it when I decided to check one last thing, the batteries. I took them out and put new ones in and all was well. When I searched the forum about it I found out that batteries can actually be different sizes, larger and smaller, our problem.... If the problem continues try to put a piece of paper inside the compartment to take up the extra space.

Good luck! icon_smile.gif

~Honest Value Never Fails~

A couple of weeks ago I was having the same problem with my GPS V. Every time it slightly bounced in its holder it turned off. I was fixing to return it when I decided to check one last thing, the batteries. I took them out and put new ones in and all was well. When I searched the forum about it I found out that batteries can actually be different sizes, larger and smaller, our problem.... If the problem continues try to put a piece of paper inside the compartment to take up the extra space.

Good luck! icon_smile.gif

~Honest Value Never Fails~