Do you use Mobipocket to view the pocket queries?

st_richardson

I love the data available from searches, but Mobipocket is bloated and there are already so many great readers on the Palm I would rather have a Palm Doc format list. I have WordSmith on my system and it is a great word processor with spell check and thesaurus, but it’s a big program and so is Mobipocket and I hate learning and carrying both. But the data is soooo attractive I carry both for now.

Any Palm or PocketPC on the market today has more then enough power and memory to handle large queries. I would stay away from the old 2-4mb palms you might find used, but other then that any will do what you want.

Dan

A = A

"Love it" meaning viewing the pocket queries on my Ipaq 3135(B&W display with 16mb memory).

Seems like I've heard a lot of negative comments about MobiPocket but it works for me. Easy to install and easy to view the pocket query of my local caches. Beats the heck out of logging on everytime I go geocaching and printing out hard copies of planned caches.

I paid around $130 a year ago for my Ipaq and I take it everytime I go caching. I'd be a little more hesitant about taking one of the new $500+ PDA's into the field.

You should be able to find a palm or visor for less than $150, maybe less than $100. I'm not up on the current models so I can't recommend one.