Screen anomaly with GPS V?

Alchik

I've only had my V for a couple of days but have noticed that sometimes part of the map I see is covered with crosshatches (Crisscrossing lines) and in that are the streets aren't showing. If my route happens to go through that area it will make the line through it but no detail until it either changes maps or zooms as I get closer to the location. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, is it normal or not???

Thanks!

I always thought it was caused by travelling near the boundary of a City Select map and the adjacent area map not being loaded and/or selected. The base map would not kick-in until a certain point which I never did determine. I just made sure ahead of time to have all maps near my route downloaded.

Cheers, Olar

wavey.gif

That's more of a possibility than the firmware. I'm not getting what was described as the garbled/pixel stuff. It was a quite uniform crisscross pattern that would appear in different areas of the screen. I've already updated it to 2.07. I have been driving and caching around the boundaries of the map I've installed. Could be it. Once I'm totally out of my map area and into the "base" (I new at the terminology so bear with me...) map of the V it totally goes away (And the detailed roads go away as well but that's expected..).

I see this also in 2.07 it seems to happen at the boarders between the base map and mapsource maps that you have loaded in to your unit. It only seems to happen when you are at a zoom level that is greater than the base map will handle(overzoomed). but the moment you cross into the base map area the cross hatching goes away. I guess its the "V's" way of letting me know I am about to move outside the area where I have downloaded maps for.

It is in fact when you are reaching the borders of a downloaded map. A firmware update (I believe it was 2.05) was supposed to reduce the amount of the crosshatched area so it wasn't so noticeable as well as eliminating it when zoomed to a certain level. I stil find it real annoying. Should have an on/off software switch.