MeriPlat waypoint question

New MeriPlat user here. Thanks for everyone's input in my MeriPlat/Topo thread. icon_smile.gif

Quick question: I'm at work right now and while searching the web I've found a cigar store that I'd like to visit. I punched in the address at maps.yahoo.com and located it. I then started up my GPSr and found the exact same spot and created a waypoint. I'm indoors and can not receive any GPS signals at all. Once I go outside will that waypoint that I created be usable since I set it using the map alone while 'off the network' so to speak? icon_confused.gif

The map will always be the correct coordinates (well, as correct as the Tiger Dataset is, which is not that correct in some areas) regardless of whether you have GPS signals or not. Same goes for if you had typed the coords in. If you have detailed maps loaded in, you can even create a waypoint from a street address right on your MeriPlat.

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"