Garmin GPS III+ vs. Magellan MAP330

Guest GammaX

Guest GammaX

I've been looking at both of these units and have been wondering what kind of experiences people have had if they've had a chance to use both of them. Could anybody shed some light on the subject for me? Thanks.

Guest bunkerdave

I use the 330, and have had some experience (limited) with the 3+. First off, let me say that the 3+ does more. The maps show more detail, (rest stops, etc) and there are some neat screens that I don't know what good they are, but they looked sort of neat.

I love my 330. It is the easiest to use, and after two months using it I am so familiar with what it can do and how to do it, I can't go anywhere without it. Seems like there is always something I want to know that I cab only get from my 330.

The mapping is great, I wouldn't buy a GPS without it, unless it's a REALLY rippin' deal, like a 315 for 40 bucks. You will use the maps TONS if you have them. The software is just as easy to use. The MAP 330X kit includes the software, a data/power cable, and the car cradle. You need ALL of these. The cradle is very slick, and the cable attaches to the back of it so that when you are in the car, you never use your batteries (assuming the engine is running). That way, the only time you burn battery juice is when you take the GPS out of the cradle. The cradle attaches to the windsield with suction cups, and I think you can get other designs for motorcycles, boats, etc.

If you have any questions, e-mail me.

------------------

David Wallentine

dwallent34@yahoo.com