eMAP Address Lookup is "Grayed-out" ???

Guest wasmith

Guest wasmith

My trusty little eMAP unit from Garmin lets me do a FIND on Waypoints, Cities and Exits, but below these three options I see Points of Interest, Addresses and Intersections but these three are "grayed out" and as such are unusable. Why are these options unavailable?

I have a 16MB card in the unit and have a lot of detail maps loaded from the Mapsource CD, so it's not like the data isn't there...

Thanks

Guest peter

MapSource is the program to let you load the various flavors of Garmin maps. These include:

Roads & Recreation

MetroGuide

Waterways & Lights

Topo(graphic)

Fishing spots.

Only the MetroGuide maps have a database arranged to support address and intersection lookup. These maps also include an extensive database of business and other 'Points-Of-Interest' (POIs) that you can also search with your eMap.

Have you updated your eMap with the latest firmware at the Garmin website? The new version does support searching for POIs like parks, schools, summits, islands, shopping centers, etc. when using R&R or Topo maps.