Mapblast.com

Guest TNRonin

Guest TNRonin

You all have mentioned on several occassions using mapblast to get the route and waypoints. I went there and did a ficticious route. How do you then get it to your pc in waypoint format? I tried the email thing and it doesn't seem to be the way to go. Nothing jumps out at me so far. I can see the Long/Lat info in their link, is that the way to go?

Thanks

Guest topografix

You can do this using PanTerra or ExpertGPS. Be sure to select MapBlast Standard Directions and Show Step by Step Maps, and then save the HTML to your desktop using the Save as HTML Only option in Internet Explorer. Import the HTML file using the File/Import command in either PanTerra or ExpertGPS.

You can download either program at http://www.topografix.com/download.asp

------------------

Dan Foster

TopoGrafix: GPS Software, Waypoints, and Maps

http://www.topografix.com

Guest TNRonin

Well, I have downloaded the programs, but can't get them to talk to my 315. I know everything is working because delorne works quite well with my gps. I have to my knowledge set everything correctly (nema on/off etc..) so I don't know what is happening.

I believe the delorne is good but I was just looking for versatility.

Ronin

Guest jbwcpa

Do these TopoGrafix programs lay a track that follows the route or do they just post straight leg routes between turns (waypoints)?

[This message has been edited by jbwcpa (edited 16 August 2001).]

Guest TNRonin

I have followed all instructions and still a no go. And quite frankly, I don't have the patience to do the email and wait around thing. I'll just find something else and live with it. I wish there was more info on the support page. But I guess there is not really much else I can do. My batteries are not 100% so I'm sure they will receive most of the credit for it not working. Though I did have them there when I attempted the first 50 times to get it working. LOL. Oh well.

Ronin