Casio GPS Watch

Guest Growley

Guest Growley

With all the talk about getting the new Meridian line of GPS and buying new "high tech." toys and stuff I have been wondering if anyone has one of those GPS watches by Casio. Does it work well and have you found any caches with one? Just wondering about this GPS that I have not anyone mention.

Guest Hawk-eye

A friend of mine bought one several months ago ... it now resides in a desk .... issues: poor sat.lock .... and it sucks batteries dry .... to directly quote him ..."it's either waiting for a fix or upside down having batteries installed!"

Guest Prime Suspect

It is severely limited in memory. The number of waypoints and routes you can store is so small (compared to what we're probably used to) as to be almost useless. This has been slightly improved in newer model, but it's still a far cry from what it should be. And while it's really small for a GPS, it's really big for a watch.

For now, it falls into the novelty category. I wouldn't spend my money on one, though it might be something to use my REI dividend on.

Guest prv8eye

quote:
Originally posted by Prime Suspect:

For now, it falls into the novelty category. I wouldn't spend my money on one, though it might be something to use my REI dividend on.

Wonder if I could hook it to my key chain to help locate my keys .

Gus

Guest Choberiba

quote:
Originally posted by prv8eye:

Wonder if I could hook it to my key chain to help locate my keys .

Gus

Just upload the coords to your keys.

We'll find them for you.