Magellen Blazer 12

I used a Blazer 12 for a while...and I posted my first cache with it. It has a 12 channel receiver, so it should be fairly close to your actual position. To be safe, you could take readings at different times of the day an on different days even and average them together. Or you could just sit there for a few minutes and let it settle down on one good coordinate and post the cache, and if someone thinks its too far off, they'll send you some better coordinates icon_wink.gif

But really...that it a usable unit for geocaching. I upgraded to a 320 (same as a 315) when I saw how much nicer the display was...that alone is worth the upgrade.

It just depends on how much you're willing to spend and how much you're actually going to be doing this hobby.

You can always make about 50-60 bucks on eBay selling your Blazer 12 icon_biggrin.gif

Good Luck

-pizzachef

I started with the Blazer12, and found my first eighty caches with it. I just wanted a better unit after a while. One that had maps and I could download waypoints onto, rather than doing it by hand. I got a Meridian and I gave the Blazer12 to my son and he is now using it to cache with. We have used them togeather and both got us to the cache just fine. icon_biggrin.gif

Bob G.

Where are we going?......And WHY am I in this handbasket???