New OS Release for eTrex Vista & Legend

Guest Prime Suspect

Guest Prime Suspect

Changes in the new release:

• Improve WAAS operation when transitioning from areas of ionospheric data coverage.
  • Added a land mode and a water mode for the map.
  • Add support for MapSource BlueChart data.
  • Fixed translations of power up warning.
  • Added RT-90 map datum and position format.
  • Fixed option menu on the MapSource information page to display all subsets of maps to be turned on and off as a set.
  • Made the external power down page count down by one and always pop up when external power is lost.
  • When saving a waypoint after a find by name, made the waypoint have a meaningful name.
  • Fixed shutdown problem related to European road and rec maps.
  • Fixed the route list displaying multiple active routes when more then 15 saved routes existed.
  • Fixed auto daylight savings time setting.
  • On the trip computer page, when using big numbers, made elevations over 10,000 ft display.
  • General improvements to operating system that correct system lockups and shutdowns.

Access the download page at http://www.garmin.com/support/download.html

[This message has been edited by Prime Suspect (edited 05 November 2001).]

Guest WaylandersMA

Thanks Prime.

When I'm in a boat off Woods Hole I could never get the contrast right so I could see my bread crumbs (wake). Hopefully the land to water changeover reverses the shading.

As for WAAS registration, my check is in the mail. icon_smile.gif

Paul

Guest WaylandersMA

Thanks Prime.

When I'm in a boat off Woods Hole I could never get the contrast right so I could see my bread crumbs (wake). Hopefully the land to water changeover reverses the shading.

Paul

Guest Prime Suspect

quote:
Originally posted by WaylandersMA:

Thanks Prime.

Paul

It's a nice feature. I've used my Vista on the water before, and it was difficult to see, especially tracks. The "water" mode doesn't simply invert the grayscale - it's a different shading scheme altogether. The position icon and the panning arrow remain the same shade, which works out well.

(I was on a cycling vacation on the Cape a few years ago - Woods Hole was probably my favorite place we visited. I wish I had a GPS with me then, through. The street signage on the Cape is terrible.)

Guest Prime Suspect

quote:
Originally posted by WaylandersMA:

Thanks Prime.

Paul

It's a nice feature. I've used my Vista on the water before, and it was difficult to see, especially tracks. The "water" mode doesn't simply invert the grayscale - it's a different shading scheme altogether. The position icon and the panning arrow remain the same shade, which works out well.

(I was on a cycling vacation on the Cape a few years ago - Woods Hole was probably my favorite place we visited. I wish I had a GPS with me then, through. The street signage on the Cape is terrible.)

Guest apersson850

It's nice to see the improvements done in each upgrade, especially when you've reported some bugs and found them corrected. However, this time I think the trail log display became inferior to the previous one.

Before, it was a wider trail (can now only be seen in the map that shows up when you select an old, saved trail). Now it's a narrow, dotted trail, that can hardly be seen at all. It does obscure less of the map under it, but you can turn it off entirely if that's a big problem.

I want a selection, where the style of the trail can be set (wide/narrow).

Anders